Anyone else lose the Siri chime?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by klrobinson999, Sep 19, 2015.

1. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

Trying to determine if this is a flaw or part of the software upgrade...
    I no longer get the normal chime/beep when I press for Siri or use the "Hey Siri" voice prompt. I actually like this audio confirmation that she's actively listening. Anyone else have this issue? She still works fine, just missing the chime.

2. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

3. cynics macrumors G3

The initial chime is gone. The others remain...

I would prefer it to be consistent throughout because when activating hey Siri I'm not sure she is ready to listen or not. I know I can can say the entire phrase "hey Siri send a text to...." But I much prefer saying "hey Siri" then waiting because if it doesn't activate which seems to be 50% of the time I don't waste my breath saying "send a text to Jim that says....."

4. klrobinson999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. I prefer the chime confirmation that she's actively working and listening. Apple should make it an option if it really upsets that many users, but some of us actually liked it.

5. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I agree that it should be a setting. I like the feedback when I'm trying to use Siri while driving. Generally I have my phone mounted and plugged in, connected to bluetooth. When I say "Hey Siri" the chime lets me know it's OK to speak even when I'm not holding the phone.

6. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I like the chime.
    Also in ios9, sometimes when i double click on home to show tasker, siri would often come online.

7. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

I prefer the vibration feedback; otherwise chime is there when you need it - hands free, plugged in, etc.