Anyone else love their 15" retina?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shadow%20Mac, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

Like... I'm actually obsessed. Just looking at it makes me happy. Other 15 rMBP owners as satisfied as I am? Before purchasing a computer, I had heard only lukewarm reactions from people I knew who had bought it.

2. chibisukee macrumors newbie

I totally get what you mean :)

It blows my mind that this computer is equivalent in processing power to my old desktop (i7 920 @ 3.7 GHZ), has a far superior screen than any of the monitors I've used thusfar and comes in a thinner than most laptops package.

I've had this laptop for months now and I still love it =D

3. ajanini macrumors member

ajanini

Love it! Just wish I didn't have any IR... That makes me sad.

4. Ploki macrumors 68000

Love mine. Got it with samsung display, no problems whatsoever, love every bit of it.

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Love mine , its funny how many oh "rMBP are not that impressive" people on this board. It cracks me up:D:p

6. Schranke macrumors 6502

Schranke

love mine, are starting to to watch so many movies on it. damm a screen to see them on.
    my best laptop ever.

7. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

No it doesn't.
    It makes you die a little inside every time you see it.

The camera slowly pans out
    Arnezie's floor, covered in pencils that have been meticulously snapped in half over many weeks, fills the frame.

An overturned desk chair and an empty box that once contained a chainsaw come into view, along with a laptop thrown on the floor

The camera slowly moves toward the laptop's crystal-sharp screen

His laptop has a browser window open on a MacRumors thread... the camera zooms in on this thread and reads:
    "I've returned my rmbp for the 5th and last time!!1!"

In the distance, a revving chainsaw and screaming can be heard...
    and bird song, in the pauses between engine roars...

Later that evening, a lone post on MacRumors reads:

8. Ploki macrumors 68000

I love you

9. Nick16 macrumors regular

I've had mine since August and I freaking love it. Amazing battery life, great display, slim and not too heavy, really powerful. No complaints, 100% satisfied.

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Funny stuff right there

11. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You guys need to get out of the house. Socialize.

Perhaps even go on a date. :eek:

12. nickftw8686 macrumors regular

I have only had mine two days and I am in love, It is without question the best laptop I have ever owned, and I have been through a TON of them trying to find the right one that suits my needs. From the build quality, speed, SCREEEN, Keyboard,trackpad, everything about this machine screams quality and precision for your dollar.

13. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

14. RocketJohn macrumors newbie

I have a 13" retina and I am in love. There I said it.

15. Knick Knack macrumors newbie

I use my "top of the line" Samsung Smart TV to watch HD movies on my rMBP:D

16. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

I absolutely love mine. It's such a beast yet it's so light and portable.

Apart from the screen I'm also really impressed with the new air intake and fan design. Not only is it quiet but my machine's temps are always very cool.

When I'm at my desk I have it hooked up to a Dell U2412M and this setup is the tits. And of course, when I'm on the go, it's got everything anyone could need, really.

Now I'm just waiting for some dope Thunderbolt devices/peripherals/hubs to finally make their way to the market to add on to it's functionality.

17. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

I love you too.

18. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I love you for remembering about this :D

I really love my rMBP. It was my first Macbook ever so I'm getting the whole new experience. My first Mac was a 2007 iMac and I only work with OSX since 2006 but this is only my second machine since then and that tells a lot about Apple computers. I wouldn't stand to stay with only a 2007 computer if it was a PC.

I was thinking about buying a laptop since 2010 but I always waited.. when I got the money (a lot of time later), rumors about a new and maybe redesigned MBP with the new Ivy Bridge processors started surfacing so I waited another 6 months to be presented with this amazing machine. I couldn't be happier for waiting. Best decision ever. The screen, processing power and the SSD.. oh the SSD.. wow.

I know it has it's problems (actually mine has a Sammy screen but only after I got the first screen replaced) but it's a first batch of something new. New screen, new processor, new drive. I think it's acceptable that there are some issues with the machine. And I'm talking from what I read on here.. the only issue I had with my 7 month rMBP was the defective LG screen. No more problems at all. Am I lucky? Maybe.

19. Shadow%20Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Since creating this thread, I actually swapped out my Mid 2012 15" rMBP for a Early 2013 model. Love it even moar!