Anyone else loving the news app?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by bchreng, Sep 18, 2015.

1. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

I'm loving the new News app! It's awesome having everything in one feed and stripped of all the pop up ads and such. No more having to visit news.google.com for me. :confused:

2. modnar macrumors member

I must have bad timing, because I just tried
    I must have bad timing, because I thought I'd check Apple News out and got this:

Attached Files:

3. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

I am!

It could improve with a sort toggle (from oldest to newest and vice-versa) and more sources for the general interests (I used to follow 'Film' on Flipboard and it had very good sources such as Flickering Myth and HeyUGuys, none of which are available on the Movies section. Other than that, loving it.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I am. It's the best place to read news from big news source like CNN, Times, Reuter or publishers like National Geographic or Wired for example.

I'd be happier if all Apple blogs would be published in Apple News format rather than RSS. It just doesn't look as good compared to big publishers above.

5. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Count me in, the Apple News app is pretty awesome. Although I try to stick with Flipboard, and give business to a stellar third-party, multi-platform company.

I just hope that Apple News isn't the gateway that Apple or publishers use to force us under a paywall for content.

6. yzjustdatguy macrumors regular

yzjustdatguy

I enjoy it. Its a close alternative to Flipboard. I feel as if over time, it'll only get better and I will use Flipboard less.

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

I loved it right into my iCrap folder...... :cool:

8. E3BK, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I really like it. Flipboard felt cluttered to me. I think improvements can be made but so far the News app has been a welcome update.

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

i got a super first world problem when it comes to the News app. simply too much content so i end up not reading anything at all

10. Salvor Hardin macrumors regular

Yes I think it makes better use of screen space than Flipboard on iPhone, on Flipboard the text is often far larger than it needs to be, they really aren't taking advantage of the larger iPhones. Flipboard has a big advantage by letting you mute sources however.

11. MrGuder macrumors 68020

The News app still does not rotate videos to landscape mode for videos embedded in news articles. I gave them feedback on this while in public beta and they still didn't fix it.