Anyone else mad that have to wait untill 12th!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tech-Boy, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Tech-Boy macrumors regular

I missed preordering it earlier, and I am going to preorder around Wednsday, but now I have to wait untill the 12th! Anyone else in the same boat :mad:

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Fortunately I was able to reserve this past Thursday still, so I'm set. Sorry about your luck though.

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

5. GadgetX macrumors regular

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

The early bird gets the worm . . . you'll get your worm too, just a little later ;)

7. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah to bad, o well, seems like I am the only one too. :( I didn't order earlier, because I didn't have all the funds together, now I do, so ordering soon! :D

8. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not buying :p

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

You could have reserved in-store without putting any money down, and no commitment to buy (that is if you had an Apple store around).

10. rtabdo macrumors 6502

One thing about about Apple is they are all about "under-promise, over-deliver"

When I ordered my iMac it said a couple weeks, that soon changed to a few days. I think youll end up with your iPad a lot sooner then the 12th.

11. CanonicalKoi macrumors regular

It just means you get to savor the sweet, sweet joy of anticipation a bit longer than some of the rest of us. And, in answer to your question, I reserved mine on March 12th, so no. :p

12. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

I am in Costa Rica, yeah Awesome! Except for the fact that there are no darn apple stores here, I have to preorder and send it to DHL carrier then they will import it, so you have to add another 3 days before I get it in my hand :mad:

oh and I have to pay 20% taxes on price of item, so yeah triple MAD :mad::mad::mad:

13. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Actually no. I have used great restraint and had decided not to pre-order until I've had a chance to put it through it's paces at the store. I still have not fully made up my mind about getting the 3G version although I'm leaning toward the WiFi since I have my iPhone if I'm that desperate. Come on AT&T lets have some tethering here:mad:. Who knows, the stores may have some in stock for sale before the 12th. When the late 2006 17" MBP was introduced the stores did not have any in stock, not even on display. They told me I would be better off ordering online. As it turned out I could have gotten one in the store 3 weeks before mine arrive from China.

14. MikhailT macrumors 601

WTF? It would be cheaper if you just swim to Florida and pick it up yourself.

15. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I agree that Apple will usually beat their own shipping estimates. The date they give is usually a worst case scenario.

16. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Update . . . looks like you can get one at Best Buy on launch day. See Best Buy Launch day thread ;)

17. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

LOL and show up wet at the apple store! I don't think they would let a wet surfer dude barefoot, and without shirt, into the store? Because if I am swimming to Florida I am definitive taking my board

18. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

"You snooze, you loose" is correct. Also, keep in mind that by wednesday the dates could possibly change again.

19. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

Online??? Thanks for the heads up ;)

20. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

I know I know, I am trying to. Have to wait for paypal transfer! Quadrupole mad :mad::mad::mad::mad:

21. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Think about it this way, there is at least a chance you are putting off buyers remorse.

22. Tech-Boy thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I think I see the extremely faint light in space that you are talking about, and then the other extremely faint light would be ummm I DON"T KNOW; Youtube unboxing's???? :mad:

23. Maaz macrumors 6502a

not really, you had alot of time to preorder and you didnt.