Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
yeah i get it, controls are way more important i suppose, i for one enjoyed the full screen album/single cover displayed on the phone.

the times are a changin' i guess.

Reactions: Feyl

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
While it was nice to have a whole page for the music exclusively I do like being able to see my notifications and what song is playing. It would be cool for Apple to add an option to turn on and off a full-screen music player.

Reactions: Hot Dawg

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
No. I always found it irritating. Album art is often ugly, even sometimes NSFW or just embarrassing. I hated how it took up the whole lock screen.

Reactions: pizzzle

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I do prefer the compact music player Apple introduced with iOS 11. Like others mentioned, I do like being able to not only see album art and what artist/track is playing, but also the notifications I receive as well. The full screen music player on iOS 10 and below was a bit cumbersome IMO.

I do really like the music player on the lock screen of Galaxy phones. I especially like that the music player color changes depending on the album art when you're listening to music on Spotify.

Hot Dawg

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2018
yeah i get it, controls are way more important i suppose, i for one enjoyed the full screen album/single cover displayed on the phone.

the times are a changin' i guess.

I had noticed that Apple was reducing the Album art size back in iOS 7. It used to go edge to edge. Now with iOS 11 it's ridiculously tiny for the sake of larger controls and other notifications. I for one couldn't care less about all that. And I have written to Apple at least a dozen times requesting that we users ought to have the ability to choose how our iPhone displays our album art.

Please Apple: Let Us Choose!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.