Anyone else nervous (AT&T customers)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elaniemay, Sep 11, 2015.

1. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

The upgrade link is not working and representatives say it is a problem they are working on. If they do not get it corrected, online upgrades will not work for the iPhone. Anyone else a little nervous they won't get it fixed in time? I have to make my last installment payment and then order the phone and now I'm even more nervous that I won't be able to get my order in on time (never had a problem pre-ordering from AT&T before...) :::fingers crossed:::

Those of you who have called before to order, how early do you start calling to actually be with an agent by midnight?

2. DIRSGT macrumors member

DIRSGT

I hope that is not an issue. I have never ordered directly from AT&T. I have always went to Apple. This year I am forced to go to AT&T to keep my grandfathered plan. I am a bit nervous too. Plan to try ordering on my Mac (via the web) and on my iPhone using the My AT&T app. I hope one of them works!

3. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I do not have much faith with this NEXT program. I have a $108.00 credit on my account (I double payed my bill on accident) yet it still says I have to make my 12th installment payment even though it should be paid! I did a chat with an AT&T Rep and they themselves could not do anything to refresh my account or anything to make the payment show up, so the Rep elevated my case to the highest level. I was supposed to get a call today from an AT&T Supervisor but of course that did not happen. I told the Rep that if they could not get this fixed and it made me miss getting the iPhone 6S I wanted that they should take care of it, and the Rep said if I could not pre-order they would make sure I could get an iPhone 6S. I emailed the chat to myself so I have that against them. I checked around 5:00pm EST and it said I still had to make my 12th payment yet it went from $31.50 yesterday, to $13.55 today. I just do not get it. At least I have them on record saying that they will help me get my iPhone 6s if they could not get things situated, and now that the sites are down I doubt it will get fixed. Hopefully AT&T stands by their word!

Goodluck to yourself. Do it online, it is the easiest.

:apple:

4. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Do we have to go through AT&T if we want to trade in/start a new next plan?

I'm trading in my current iP6 but I wonder if I can pre-order on order then trade in my phone with AT&T afterwards. . .

5. Alexrat1996 Suspended

I will be upgrading my mom line to get my iPhone 6s plus on AT&T on the next plan via the Apple iOS online store app

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Not nervous, I never preorder. Well, I did once. A Google Nexus One years ago. But, I prefer to wait a couple weeks on feedback and open MY iPhone in the store to make sure no immediate issues.

7. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

You pre-order, then once you get your 6s/6s+ you either turn your old iPhone into an AT&T store or return it to them in the mail.

8. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Me too.. I ordered from AT&T when I got the iPhone 4... Then from Apple Store, ever since.

It is very nerve racking. But let's be zen about it... You will get your phone, eventually... Oh I can't believe I said that... Don't kill me.

9. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

You guys will be good, I ordered my 6 from AT&T last year. Just make sure you are logged in 10 minutes before 12:01amPST/3:01amEST and just browse around your myAT&T page, make sure you stay active so it does not log you out. Once everything goes live you will know it, just pick your phone, order and bam you are done. It literally took me less than 5 minutes last year. I am the one who is screwed because AT&T is so incompetent it appears. Anyway, good luck to all of you, follow what I said and you will get your 6s/6s+!

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Sounds like the same old song and dance at AT&T. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, nor can anyone coordinate and actually do anything about it.

11. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I don't even want the NEXT program, Just the traditional 2 year contract upgrade

12. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

YES! Great to hear this so Apple store pre-order it is!

13. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I have to order via ATT this year because I have a premier account now... but the site looks good...

[​IMG]

14. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

They better honor what they said about making sure I will get an iPhone 6s...that is all I care about. Though knowing them, they will come up with some excuse.

15. yungmac macrumors newbie

yungmac

16. Smtevo macrumors 6502

Google att premier

17. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I hope things work out for you! My fingers are crossed...

18. applegeek97 macrumors 6502a

applegeek97

I'm totally nervous. I'm out of my contract and could do the next program, 2 year contract, or buy it outright. I want the 2 year contract, except that means I have to order it through the premier site.

Last year, I don't know if anyone remembers this, but AT&T canceled a bunch of preorders due to system error. Of course, my order was one of those orders that was canceled. So I had to wait all night at AT&T to get the phone on the day of release.… so as you might imagine I'm nervous about using AT&T premier again.

19. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I hope you all get your phones when you want them. Good luck everyone.

20. Alexrat1996 Suspended

I will order it via apple website but my dad paying it with his business BMW Visa card

21. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1