Anyone else never satisfied with their iPhone wallpaper??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlivo, May 3, 2008.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

It's really annoying. I have tried putting my own wallpapers on it, tried the ones that come with the phone but I am just never satisfied. I don't know why. I find myself constantly changing it. Anyone else have this problem?? IMO...this is the biggest flaw on the iPhone. That, and no copy and paste.

2. sfoalex macrumors 6502

Well, I would like to have my own wallpaper when I am in the main screen. If that's what you mean, yeah. As for copy and paste I couldn't agree more. It is very much needed. I am sure it is coming in June.

What I'd actually really like though is for Apple go further in making things like the notes sync with a Mac app. And to have a real ToDo app that also syncs with a completely new ToDo app. Not just calendar. iCal on the iPhone could better too. Lot's of room for improvement, but I do like what I see so far.

I really am counting the days for the 2.0 release and some 3rd apps. It's all pretty exciting I think. I can't help but think something completely new and different will be born of all this. Something great.

-Alex Alexzander

3. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Just a question...why is your lack of satisfaction with your wallpaper a flaw of the iPhone?

4. zmit macrumors regular

5. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was kidding about the flaw in the iPhone. But is anyone else never satisfied with the wallpaper (not the home screen)?

6. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I don't spend enough time looking at my wallpaper to care, and I would have thought that it would be the same for most others as well. :confused:

That is, until they give us wallpaper as the BG for the home screen. Even then, I can't say that I would use anything other than the regular 'black' screen.

7. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Although, I do find the wallpapers distracting on the home screen of other phones. I like the straight black, it makes the icons "pop".

8. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to make sure you were aware of your own OCD tendencies instead of blaming a poor phone. ;)

9. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Well, you must not be totally alone.

There are utilities for other phones that even automatically change the wallpaper every few minutes.

10. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I'm never satisfied with it only because there are so many great ones out there and I can't decide which one to use! I rarely use the ones that came on the phone, but have downloaded dozens and dozens of them from other websites and change it all of the time!

11. cjmal macrumors 6502

Agreed. I like the home screen to look nice and clean. I'm perfectly fine having a wallpaper just on the slide screen. I guess the option of people having wallpapers on the home screen would be alright. Although some people take it too far. I have a couple of friends with iPhones that just look hideous. To each his own I guess.

12. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Something as trivial as the wallpaper on the iPhone is driving you ape poopie? I'd hate to think how much you're spending or will spend on paint and wallpaper in your house because you are never satisfied...

13. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, because a wallpaper on your phone and painting your house is exactly the same thing.

Haha, yeah, I am very OCDish occasionally. Just look at a previous thread I have started....http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=438216

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I keep myself "un-bored" by setting up my own wallpaper with my iPhone and my Canon. :cool:

15. anirudh macrumors 6502

I get what you mean :) I have thousands of wallpapers on my iphone and I still aint satisfied. Constantly keep changing it. I guess there are two reasons for this kind of bahaviour:

1. The gorgeous screen which keeps screaming for an amazing wallpaper ;-)
    2. IMO, the top and and the bottom transparent black bar are very annoying and therefore not all wallpapers suit the screen

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you keep changing your mind and cant decide on a wallpaper and thats an iPhone flaw?
    I picked mine out and havent changed it since day one.

17. newyorksole macrumors 68020

lol sadly enough I know exactly what the original poster means, I often change mine too trying to find the perfect 1. But the 1 I have now has been there for about 2 weeks.