All iPads Anyone else no longer interested in the Mini now? just Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by betabeta, Nov 1, 2013.

1. betabeta macrumors 6502a

All this time I was waiting for a retina mini, who knew I was really just waiting for the Air. I'm thinking I'm not the only one who was waiting for the Mini Retina and now put it off.

I was even thinking 64gb Air and 16gb mini, but now they are so close in size and price for another $100 you get a larger screen and it's just as thin and almost as light. So I added the extra money and went 128gb Air.

I think the Air is going to be the hot seller this year, now if the Mini had kept it's old price I think some people would have been less apt to jump up to the Air.

Anyone else decide to go Air all the way and forget the Mini now?

This would be perfect for me, hopefully next year, now with the Air the Mini is odd man out for me.
    iPhone 6 daily out and about
    iPad Air (maybe even lighter) for travel/home web browsing reading.
    iPad Pro 13" 2gb ram 256gb for home/Video/Pictures

2. mariotr87 macrumors regular

I have the feeling that most people that were waiting for the Mini and today got the air is mostly just because the Mini is weeks away :rolleyes:. It would have been great to see both being released at the same time just to see the response.
    Yeah it's lighter than before but it's still more uncomfortable to use with one hand after long periods and certainly not as light as the mini. As an extra, the screen of the mini has higher ppi.

Anyway, I can do without an iPad, in fact I sold mine almost 1 year ago, so I'll wait for the Mini.

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Before the Apple announcement, I was all about replacing my current launch day Mini with a new Retina Mini. But when they shaved 30% off the weight of the big iPad! that was it for me.

Who knows... I'll keep my Mini for now as well, and see which one I use most. But based on past performance, it will be the new toy in any case.

C

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

The air almost totally defeats the purpose of minis existence.

5. millydog macrumors regular

millydog

I was using both an iPad 3 and an iPad mini. I picked up the mini all the time & took it everywhere with me. I used the iPad 3 for video mostly, but also some content creation and mostly at home. Since I do still use both sizes, I was having a hard time deciding between the Air & the mini. But then, my husband decided for me that I will just get both. lol...it's my money anyway. ;) So, I picked up an Air 128GB Cellular Space Grey this morning at Apple Chadstone (Melbourne Australia) & I love it. It feels similar to how my mini felt, but is larger....so it's like the best of both worlds for me. Granted that the mini is still smaller & I think that is still even better for portability....but the Air is more portable than previous large iPads and doesn't have the screen size trade off. I do think that I could just use the Air and now not get the mini.....but I'm still tempted by the mini, maybe it's because I already have the money set aside for it & can't shake the idea of having it since I previously decided to get it.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

It's now a question of degrees. How big is to big vs how small is to small. The handy part about the delay is it gives us time to try the Air in store.

Course, mrs guru needs a new pad, so I might just do an extended demo myself before setting it up for her. Now if we can just get this T mobile thing figured out.