Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Anyone else not being able to add Work address in Maps in iOS 14?

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Every time I type any given address and set it as Work to add it to Favorites in Maps the app won't do it. The Work icon doesn't even show in Favorites. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled Maps, reboot the phone, tried to do it on a different Wi-Fi network, clear the backup and deactivate iCloud and I called Apple Support to report this and they weren't able to help me. Anyone experiencing the same?

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
Have you tried adding it as the work address for your contact card? Either via contacts app or find your address in maps then add to contact.

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Have you tried adding it as the work address for your contact card? Either via contacts app or find your address in maps then add to contact.

Yes basically I tried everything there is to try on my side. Apple Support are going to escalate the issue to the engineering department but from my experience they’re pretty much useless (past issue with duplicate Watch in Health reported in September 2019 only got fixed with iOS 14 update).

Are you having this issue as well?

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
Yes basically I tried everything there is to try on my side. Apple Support are going to escalate the issue to the engineering department but from my experience they’re pretty much useless (past issue with duplicate Watch in Health reported in September 2019 only got fixed with iOS 14 update).

Are you having this issue as well?

I don’t have the issue. I added my work address yesterday to my contact card and it shows up in maps favourites. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

Reactions: rmoliv

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
And it goes on and on and on. The odd thing is that with my Home address it works. I delete it and I can add it again and again it will always stay there. Anyone else? Any fix that worked for you?

Zazoh

Contributor
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
And it goes on and on and on. The odd thing is that with my Home address it works. I delete it and I can add it again and again it will always stay there. Anyone else? Any fix that worked for you?

I don’t see anything in Apple support discussion groups either. Many of us don’t have work addresses anymore. Maybe not enough folks have noticed the bug yet. I just added and it worked. And then it opened my contact card for me to add there. I’ll see if it sticks and it cross pollinates to my iPad.

Reactions: rmoliv

xpower180

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2011
UK/Dubai
I'm having this exact issue.
I changed work location and the work icon disappeared from favourites.
I've tried adding the new location then changing it from address to work and it just removes itself from favourites altogether. Also tried from contact card but no joy...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.