Anyone else not charged for Lion yet?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by xMBPx, Jul 22, 2011.

1. xMBPx macrumors regular

I have my bank debit card as my only funding source for my iTunes account, so the transaction should be immediate, right? Anytime I buy an app using my account it automatically shows up in my online banking statements.

Well, I purchased Lion on Wednesday when it came out, and I've yet to see any charge from Apple.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did I get lucky? Or will they nab it in the next couple of days?

2. spoonifur macrumors newbie

spoonifur

As far as I recall Apple takes a few days to send you a reciept incase you buy anything else. The Apple store likes grouping together things you buy to minimize credit card fees.

(Also it makes the whole "spending online money" thing seem easier since there is a delay in spending the money, and realizing you spent the money. Psychology!)

3. xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I was charged immediately, but that's because I had iTunes credit.

5. theryman macrumors newbie

I bought lion and it showed up in my bank account, then three days later its gone and the money is back in my account???

6. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I removed it and did request a refund. I will buy later when the bumps are flattened.

7. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

8. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

I received an email receipt two days ago but the money has yet to be taken from my account. My bank lists no pending transactions or pre-authorizations. Very odd.

9. fortheloveofmac macrumors member

My MBP was purchased within the free Lion upgrade date, so I paid for it, found out it could be free, called, got a refund within 2 hours of the purchase...and then noticed it was refunded before Apple could even charge me, then charged me haha. They do take time via credit cards I've noticed.