Anyone else not charged for Lion yet?

xMBPx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
I have my bank debit card as my only funding source for my iTunes account, so the transaction should be immediate, right? Anytime I buy an app using my account it automatically shows up in my online banking statements.

Well, I purchased Lion on Wednesday when it came out, and I've yet to see any charge from Apple.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did I get lucky? Or will they nab it in the next couple of days?

spoonifur

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
As far as I recall Apple takes a few days to send you a reciept incase you buy anything else. The Apple store likes grouping together things you buy to minimize credit card fees.

(Also it makes the whole "spending online money" thing seem easier since there is a delay in spending the money, and realizing you spent the money. Psychology!)

theryman

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
I bought lion and it showed up in my bank account, then three days later its gone and the money is back in my account???

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I received an email receipt two days ago but the money has yet to be taken from my account. My bank lists no pending transactions or pre-authorizations. Very odd.

fortheloveofmac

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
My MBP was purchased within the free Lion upgrade date, so I paid for it, found out it could be free, called, got a refund within 2 hours of the purchase...and then noticed it was refunded before Apple could even charge me, then charged me haha. They do take time via credit cards I've noticed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.