Anyone else not happy with safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iDmitry, Apr 28, 2008.

1. iDmitry macrumors member

iDmitry

The new safari update has been horrible to say the least. Never once did my safari crash as much as it does now. What's up with that?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I don't know how so many people are having trouble with Safari. I regularly use 3.1 on 10.4 and 10.5 and haven't had any significant problems to speak of.

4. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

Hopefully they will patch this soon to use safari which is blazin fast

5. reubs macrumors 68000

Coming over from Windows I'm a Firefox guy, myself. I've tried to fall for Safari, but I keep going back to FF. I've never had any problems with it, I just...don't feel attached to it.

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I'm using 3.1.1 and haven't had any problems. It crashed once the other day and I get the RWoD from time to time but that's about it. It's performing significantly better than it was when Leopard was first released.

7. desmoboy macrumors newbie

I too had problems with Safari on 10.5, pages were not being loading and Safari is frustratingly not supported on some websites. I tried using Firefox, but found that it was generally not was fast as Safari, so now use both. Look forward to the day I can just use one.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Never had any problems with it. Been using it since Panther and aside from the very, very occasional (hardly ever) crash it's been great.

9. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

3.1.1 is screwing me over. never had any problems with the beta or 3.1. i might to back to webkit nightlies

10. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

11. Ti_Poussin macrumors regular

Ti_Poussin

I had some problem with Safari a few version back, from now. Most of all problem came from the flash plug-in in my case. Just reinstalling the last version of Flash had solve a lot of problem. Maybe this may help. Check what page cause the more problems in your setting.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It might be a good idea to disable plugins (Prefs > Security) and try it for a while. I've been using it since the first public beta in 2003 and haven't had any "crashfests".

13. n8236 macrumors 65816

Why I didn't switch to Safari (yet): No bookmark syncing like Firefox's Foxmarks

14. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I like Safai, My ONLY complaint is not being able to get Hotmail though it.

15. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I love safari. It's just so nice. I dont understand how people can use firefox or anything else. It looks no where near as nice, i find safari faster, and a lot easier to use. I've tried both firefox and camino, and threw them out after 5 minutes just for there look and how slow they were. No problems either. On the latest version, and very stable.

16. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I love Safari too, but finally switched over to FF. All the available plug-ins just make it better.

And if you think Safari is faster, try a FF plug-in called Faster Fox. Makes FF fly.

17. akm3 macrumors 68020

You can with .Mac... But of course that isn't free :)

18. JoshLV macrumors regular