iPhone Anyone else not like the new CallBar?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Dec 13, 2014.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

It takes up half the screen! That completely defeats the purpose! What happened to that beautiful thin white bar? I know the phones are bigger now, they could've moved it down. Thinking of uninstalling.

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I have to admit, strange opinion ??? But, by all means, if you don't like it, uninstall is very easy :)

3. TH55, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Why is that a strange opinion?

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Because, for me on 5S, CallBar is a must tweak to have and it doesn't take a half of the screen......not even close :)

BTW, congratulations on 500 + threads :)

5. TH55, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I think you are using the older version that I described, they have updated it for the iPhone 6 and this is the version I am talking about.

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah sorry maybe I should've been more specific - I LOVE the older version.

8. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

If you have an iPhone 5 or 4 then yes it makes sense but it works nicely with iPhone 6 and 6+

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No I'm talking about with the 6/6 plus. It still takes up a third of the screen!

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

iPhone 5.

Not seeing where this is taking half the screen…

Attached Files:

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I was obviously exaggerating but it's still a good third, and way worse than it was before.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I guess we see it differently then. Aside from the first few iOS 7 updates it's gotten much better and I like the fact that I basically have access to the Phone app from my lockscreen.

13. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I just prefer minimalist design and less clutter, I preferred when it was actually a bar.

14. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

So with this new CallBar, do incoming calls show up as a notification banner? Or does it show up like the screenshot in this post? I haven't tried the new look version yet. But the whole purpose of the tweak was so that incoming calls don't interrupt you and instead you get a small notification banner. Is that not how it works anymore? Or is that screenshot what it looks like when you're placing a call?

Thanks in advance.

15. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

That is exactly the size you get, when you have incoming call.

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

As mentioned, it shows up like that when you receive a call.

I have mine set up to use the normal call screen when at the lockscreen though so I don't see this unless I am dialing out (because then I call up CallBar.

17. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Oh man that's awful. That's really too bad. I loved the tweak because it prevented calls from kicking you out of whatever app you're using and only showed a banner. Is there a legacy setting to only use a simple notification banner? im guessing no since this whole threat is about the huge banner.

18. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah it's ridiculous I really don't understand why developers, programmers, software designers and big corporations continue to release inferior updates. It's insanely frustrating.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't think so (legacy setting).

For whatever reason this isn't bothering me. I guess that's because I'm presented with a bunch of options pertaining to the call when it comes in. And how Callbar handles Favorites, Recents and Contacts now seems better to me.

20. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

There should be an option to turn off all the extra details for those who don't want them and liked CallBar for its original purpose, minimal invasiveness. In the old version you could tap the bar and those options would appear, much better.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…

It's not like the dev has a gun to your head and is telling you to use the tweak. I didn't care for it for the first little bit in iOS 7, but it got better.

There's a bunch of tweaks I'm still using that I don't care for how they are used since iOS 6. Forecast is a big offender to me.

But the alternative is…nothing. Or some other tweak which doesn't have everything we're looking for. In this particular instance however, I like this update better.

Just me.

----------

I agree that there should be an option for that. You and I see this tweak differently so that option should be there to allow you to use it the way you like and me to use it the way I like.

Better that way.

22. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

It kinda bugged me at first too but I started just swiping it up and back down while in a call if I was needing to use my phone. It more like a extension of the Notification Center.

23. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

How about call waiting? I have had this issue with new call bar that it doesn't manage call waiting. I can hear the beeping(another incoming call) but nothing on the display.

24. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

screen shot of callbar taking up half your screen?

25. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

As explained above, it's technically only a third but it may as well be the whole screen as it covers so much of the screen you can't do anything.