Anyone Else Not Liking the Silver Screen Frame?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Resist, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Maybe it's just me, but I really dislike the silver screen bezel on the Macbook Air (and Mac Book Pro AntiGlare). It makes the screen look to light in color. A black bezel looks so much better on any screen, whether it's a computer or TV

2. altecXP macrumors 65816

+1 I assumed the silver edging would be the 1st thing to go.

3. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Black frames movies better…and it makes the screen look bigger. Helps the content "pop out".

4. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I feel

i feel that the black frame would have been a welcome upgrade but im almost positive there will be a revision next october with new processors backlit keyboard and an upgraded screen, this will also put the black bezel intoi play

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

So did I. There must have been some engineering issue or weight problem for them not to go with a black bezel to match the rest of the series.

6. bouncer1 macrumors 6502

I like a black bezel on a tv, but for the love of god I can't handle the glassy, I 've never had a problem with silver bezels on computer screens, I think it's the ideal colour. That said they can make the bezel smaller in the airs by putting in a bigger screen size.

7. spamboxnet macrumors member

no. just no

black is ugly. with electronic goods they just show every bit of dust, and the worse thing about the black bezel is it's a glossy mess with only one advantage, movie viewing. Which brings the question, why the hell are you watching movies on your computer. Buy a damn TV

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Maybe he travels a lot?

9. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I had a 13" Macbook Pro, and while it's a great machine, the glass covered display is unbearable - I'm much happier with the plastic gloss on the Air.

Glass - pretty, but unusable with natural light.

Plastic - pretty, mostly usable with natural light.

10. Moodikar macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I prefer no black but only after I used one. I craved the black for a long time and do agree that it helps make it less noticeable. I like the protection of the glass but it makes it heavier and this is a very clean simple design.

I don't mind the silver cause it's clean and is matching to the rest of the body.

11. Moodikar macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I actually watch most of my movies/tv shows on my Mac air. Don't know why. Don't need anything when alone. I have a projector with 4500lumen xga but only when I have friends over.

Can't wait for the 11inch experience.

12. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

True glossy black sucks on devices, but they could use a matte black instead, which I think looks much better on electronics.

But I also have no problem with the Macbook glossy screen. It really just doesn't bother me and I like how pictures look on it.

13. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I love the silver bezel. Matches the rest of the machine. Black is heavy and uglee