Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone4Life1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Hopefully traveling!
Ordered this morning using my IUP, got release day deliver and already preparing to ship but I haven't gotten a single email from Citizens bank with the new loan number, and after calling they have zero record I even placed an order today. At this point I have an iPhone about to be shipped paid for by a bank with zero record lol

sporez

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Nashville
Nothing here. I feel like I recall getting the loan information after a day or two in past years. Not worried.

sporez

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Nashville
Have you already made 12 payments on your 14? My normal charge is tomorrow so kinda BS imo to pay that, plus the 15 charge for Sept in a few days lol
I was off iPhone for a bit this year so had to re enroll in iUP. But in the past they would usually pause the old loan so a payment like that wouldn’t go through I believe. Or possible refund it once the trade in was completed.

LucyLouie

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2015
Texas
I got the confirmation from Citizens about 90 minutes after ordering, with order time 7:03 and Citizens email 8:34 CDT.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I’m in the same situation. Preparing to ship but no word from Citizen’s One. I hope Apple starts doing the financing on their own. Citizen’s One is ok at best.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I got 2 emails from them after 30 mins of ordering. 1 email included new account number. I already added it to my account profile and have access to it.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I remember years ago hardly ever received any info / email from Citizen's Loan.

The only letter I got was when I finished making all my payments.

It was awhile ago - it was not IUP - it was an alternative to the Barclay's credit card financing that Apple had partnered with.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I just checked my records, and last year, I got my approval e-mail with the new loan number on September 12. The order date for the iPhone 14 series was September 9.

So don’t worry yet.

Oh, and they took my 13th payment yesterday (September 15).

BabyFu18

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Georgia
I also still have not gotten an email from citizens one about mine either, I checked and last year I got the email with the new loan number on the same day i placed my preorder so I dunno what’s up this year. I did call apple about it and they said payment went through and I was fine, citizens say they have no info on the new phone loan and only show my current 14 pro max on my profile. I’m sure I will get the email eventually, but it’s a little disconcerting seeing most people posting around here got emails immediately, so I’m glad this post exist and I know I’m not alone in this!

sporez

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Nashville
I just got the email stating loan was approved, however unlike previous years it did not include the loan number. I'm not worried, but worst case if they don't eventually send the loan number and it doesn't show up on my citizens account I'll just call them to get it so I can add it online.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I just got the email stating loan was approved, however unlike previous years it did not include the loan number. I'm not worried, but worst case if they don't eventually send the loan number and it doesn't show up on my citizens account I'll just call them to get it so I can add it online.
You usually get two emails from citizen and one of them should have the loan number.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I've gotten 2 from them this morning. Of course each time I get one I get all excited and go check my order status. Nope, still 10/9 - 10/16. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.