Anyone else not updating?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lionheartednyhc, Aug 2, 2009.

1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Anyone else waiting for 3.1 and not bothering with the 3.0.1 update? I really don't feel like having to jailbreak again.

2. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I've not done it either, maybe naive of me but I've not considered SMS bug a big deal.

3. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I havnt....I will definatly be waiting for 3.1......This one wasn't enough to make me have to re jailbreak....

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm undecided. It looks like the update made more problems than it fixed (an SMS hack that has never happened).

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

3.1 I am not too worried about the hack.

6. senorian macrumors regular

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same as all of you above. It's not worth it when I know 3.1 will be coming out soon :)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

10. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Good news for those without itchy upgrade fingers

It looks like there will be a simple "upgrade" available through Cydia - no need to apply 3.01 through iTunes:

http://cydia.saurik.com/upgrading/

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, said I was undecided, but then just decided to do it. Went without a hitch amd everything works fine. However, I did wait until all the hysteria died down to do my update. After the backup, it took maybe 10-15 minutes.

12. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Im not updating because I dont have the time to re-jailbreak now, but I dont want to go through the whole process again. I'm not too worried about the SMS hack and even if for some reason it did happen, I would update then. But for now, I'm avoiding it and waiting for 3.1.

13. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Kinda wish I had waited. I had an AptBackUp disaster so I had to restore, re-JB then put everything back manually.

Now I think I have the quick discharging battery problem (first time ever), so I will likely wait until Saurik is done, restore, and use his method then re-JB

Oh well, one thing after another.......

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I dont want to have to RE jailbreak twice in 2 weeks...if 3.1 does come out soon.

16. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

17. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

I'm holding out too. Not too worried about the SMS thing, plus hopefully the Dev Team (or whoever is working on it) will have the solution ready for simple upgrading from one jb'd OS to the next by the time 3.1 comes down.

I also hope jailbreaking stays as simple as it is on 3.0 with purplera1n.

18. roeiboot macrumors regular

roeiboot

19. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    3.0.1 is a waste of time, it's an update for a bunch of scared ninnies. ;) I'll wait to a real update like 3.1.

20. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I honestly don't think anyone would be interested in using that exploit to take over my phone... I'll upgrade if/when that happens or when 3.1 becomes available, whichever comes first.

21. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

whats new in 3.1?? unless its better battery life, im waiting beyond that to 3.2 maybe

22. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

holding off, just cause i just got my iPhone on tues and just set it up the way i wanted...once i get more comfortable with the phone and how it operates..ill prob update.

However, unless 3.1 is amazing...i might hold off on that also.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

waiting as well

I trust Saurik he promised something nice in the next week so I'll wait for that now when 3.1 comes out that will test my patience hopefully it won't take long for the Dev team to have a 3.1 hack but 3.0.1 I can wait. hopefully the hacker won't use my phone to blow up the world. :p

24. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Don't see much point in updating. Correct me if I'm wrong but the person who wants to use the hack has to have your number so unless you or someone you know posts your number on the net then you should be fine.

I also got a Twitter from musclenerd saying that 3.0.1 doesn't begin to fix a lot of the other SMS exploits so I'd just wait till 3.1