anyone else notice Gizmodo seems bitter over the iPhone thing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeamDNA, Jun 23, 2010.

1. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

I dunno I have noticed they have been kind of apple/ iphone hating ever since the prototype thing went down....

and they posted something with 6 reviews from other people.. and they seem to just put the stuff they want in those reviews.. they summarized them

and for endgagets review . they didnt put that endgaget said they believe its the best smartphone on the market..

2. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

Definitely, and it is wearing a bit thin. I used to enjoy their commentary and reviews, but their barely veiled hostility to Apple and everything Apple is irritating to say the least. I find myself checking that site out less each day.

3. Project macrumors 68020

It's been painfully obvious. Not just Gizmodo but the whole Gawker network.

4. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I think its funny, they expect to be treated equally even though they exposed Apple and they lost money because of it

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

For those who haven't followed Giz in the past, the number one complaint from their community WAS that they were over the top fanbois for all things Apple in the past. Since the iPhonegate scandal, they have clearly seen the dark side of the object of their desire. And yes, I think the tone of their site has shifted 180 degrees since.

Which says a LOT about their journalistic integrity. They went from love to hate all because their lover spurned their advances, interpreting innocent revelations of their love child as restraining-order-esque stalkerish behavior.

Story of my life......

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Don't little kids always hate the stick they tripped on? Bad stick, bad stick. Of course with this kind of overt bias, maybe they are real journalists.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Seriously. I used to read Gizmodo, but they've behaved like such petulant, entitled children over this whole thing that it's really turned me off to them. They made an incredibly stupid move and bit the hand that fed. Now they're acting all snotty that they've been grounded.

8. synagence macrumors 6502a

It's hardly surprising when the head of their organisation was quoted talking to the Washington Post (i think) saying: “We don’t seek to do good. We may inadvertently do good. We may inadvertently commit journalism. That is not the institutional intention.”

9. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I've stopped going to their site ever since that happened. If they hadn't released the name of the employee, I might still be a reader.

10. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

I agree, I've become fed up with Gizmodo and have a hard time taking their reviews too seriously. They clearly are annoyed at Apple and should maybe get off their high horse about the whole "we broke the news first" thing for the iPhone 4. I have to say, as a big Apple fan, I was actually really annoyed that they revealed it. I love sitting around waiting to watch Steve Jobs' keynote, it's not Gizmodo's story to report...

11. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Apple didn't lose money over it. If anything the whole fiasco made the anticipation of the iPhone 4 even greater.

12. bigbarr macrumors member

13. joefro macrumors member

Gizmodo is still Gizmodo. They have always been childish adults who are obsessed with Apple. They've made it a point to mention that their entire staff is Mac only. I hope Apple gets them in court and teaches them a lesson.

They also need to hire a good graphic designer. Their photoshops are awful.

14. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

No WWDC invite, no testing device sent to them. I knew Apple would do this to them.

15. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

well it goes both ways, not everyone is on the know of new Apple products.
    And considering a bunch of News Stations ran the story from Gizmodo, this caused people to wait for the new iPhone 4 instead of getting their iPhone at their time

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

The childish thing was fun when it was a schtick, but now that it's carried over into their intercorporate dealings, it's pretty offputting.

That said, I really like their graphic design. I'd go so far to say that their iPhone-related art is iconic.

17. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

I haven't been to their website ever since they released the personal info of the Apple tester that lost the iPhone prototype.

Blogs have a hard time being taken seriously as sources of news and sites like Gizmodo are part of the reason why.

18. joefro macrumors member

I mean, it's not that bad, just a few images urk me a bit. [​IMG] The "Pa" has awful kerning.

Another bad one is the WWDC one. It's very hard to read the bottom line of text. [​IMG]

Yeah, that really bothered me too. It's like they wanted the guy to get fired and be exposed. (However, I personally don't think they fired him after Steve Jobs' D8 comments)

I've decided to not go to Gizmodo any longer. I can get my news from other sites.

19. mac-mania macrumors member

My distaste for Gizmodo started when they pulled that stunt back at CES a few years ago where they were shutting off display televisions on companies. I mean I'm all for jokes but when businesses pay for legitimate time to announce and display their technology it seems childish that a bunch of "journalists" would walk around repeatedly turning off their sets.

I respect bloggers as journalists but Gizmodo constantly lowers the bar for actual blogging reporters. People wonder why companies give the old guys exclusives and it's because at the end of the day you can't really trust the new ones when stuff like this happens.

20. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

AH it WAS them! The topic came up in a conversation with a friend of mine the other day. Both of us thought it was Gizmodo up to their shenanigans at CES, but we weren't sure. Thanks! In light of that, my opinion of them has fallen even lower than it was. And that's pretty low.

21. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah, I agree with those examples. I am, on the other hand, a fan of Jesus Diaz's art:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. muledogus macrumors 6502

I'm neutral on this topic but I just wanted to throw this out there. Gizmodo, did request in their letters to Apple that the individual who lost the phone not be reprimanded at all.

As for them being bitter, I'm certain they're still sour over not being invited to the iOS/iPhone4 keynote.

23. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I followed Gizmodo when they got the iPhone in April. Never before, and more than likely not now going forward.

24. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

But either way Apple sold an iPhone.

25. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Bravo, you put it well.