Anyone else notice improved 3G service within the last 24hrs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asaad, Mar 3, 2009.

1. asaad macrumors member

Yesterday from around 5-8pm my 3G signal was going in and out more than usual. This morning I got into the office and noticed that in places where I could NEVER get a 3G signal I can get a full 5 bars. Anyone else noticing improved 3G service?? This is GREAT!

I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

2. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

My 3g service has always been GREAT!! never had an issue with it... oh wait i'm in Dallas... sorry but ya it is cool!

3. asaad thread starter macrumors member

consider yourself lucky. Our offices are on the 6th floor of a 10 floor building and unless I was by a window I could only get the edge network, 2-3 bars mostly. Driving and things like that I've never had issues. I don't know what's changed but I've never had service like this here. I'm really happy needless to say.:cool:

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It happens. They ARE working on the network, I've had improvements at work and at home since last July.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Well I get great service pretty much everywhere BUT work so I don't see an improvement coming any time soon. :(;)

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

They've improved our 3G here a lot, but 3G in my home town has been down for over a week now. Wonder when they'll fix that...

7. crsd36 macrumors member

I typically get full 3G signal in my office (St. Louis), but today, I'm only on Edge. I know a few others in my building are only receiving Edge also.

8. jbode macrumors member

the service highly depends on the area, in rural areas it is usually not as good.

Being closer to a city it is much better, but it has times that it is slower or faster than normal -hopefully more faster than slower in the future

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

3G has always been awesome in the areas where I normally get 3G, but for whatever reason my WiFi at my house and at my school campuses have been failing to automatically connect as they have done in the past....:(

10. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I still don't have 3G in my home town haha. Annoyance.

Multiple AT&T people: "Oh you'll have 3G service in Poughkeepsie by September!!!"

September comes.

Multiple AT&T people: "There were some delays, it's coming in November!"

November comes.

Multiple AT&T people: "It should happen at the beginning of 2009, January or February!"

It's now March. No 3G, yet I've been paying for it since July.

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Sounds like the same thing that happened here.

When it does finally come out, expect it to be buggy at first. 3G was really buggy here for a while. The iPhone wouldn't reconnect to 3G right away after coming from an EDGE area and 3G would disconnect if you walked into a building. (not literally walking into the side of a building, but walking inside of a building.) 3G is pretty good now, but I wish it was faster. I hope 3G isn't still down in my town...

12. The Admiral macrumors member

The Admiral

no, actually we had an outage for several hours today (according to AT&T's help desk). service didn't return for me after the outage was over, but after resetting network settings it is back to normal.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

14. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I'm near there as well, and I agree it's extremely frustrating that there's still no 3G. Simply pathetic.

15. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

I'm kind of close to you. I go over to Poughkeepsie and Newburg a lot, and I always think that there's 3G for some reason. I turn 3G on, and I get nothing. Yet by me in PA I get full 3G.

16. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I actually can say the complete opposite. I used to have 3 bars 3G in one area, now I only have 1-2 bars of EDGE.

17. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I agree. Mine has been worse lately for some reason. :(