Anyone else notice? (Keyboard issue)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by guitarwiz23, Sep 17, 2014.

1. guitarwiz23 macrumors member

That the third party keyboards do not push text messages up like the stock keyboard does? Or is it just me and my ancient 4s noticing this?

2. Leldon macrumors newbie

3. guitarwiz23 thread starter macrumors member

Glad to know it isn't just me, hopefully we get an update to fix this, not a dealbreaker im glad to have third party keyboards but it is annoying.

4. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Guys, I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but how do you install Swiftkey? I've downloaded and run the app but cannot see any sign of it in the keyboard or in the keyboard settings. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

5. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Anyone else notice? (Keyboard issue)

Anyone else notice a significant amount of lag when you tap to bring up the keyboard?

6. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

No.

7. matttye macrumors 601

Same here. It's not just text messages but any app. Loving SwiftKey though :D!

----------

No lag here.

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

You have to add it as a keyboard.

9. trebb macrumors newbie

I'll most likely continue to use SwiftKey, as I love using the swiping feature when my phone is on my desk. I'm really happy Apple has finally allowed this.

However... I'm not really sure I'm on board with this implementation. It seems really sloppy.

I'm seeing the same behavior as the OP in regards to messages, and other things like the lack of native dictation and a simple way to switch to the emoji keyboard (I figured out that you simply have to disable the native English keyboard to have it switch back and forth between SwiftKey and emojis, but most users probably won't), are also frustrating.

10. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

Guess that 8.0.1 update will be coming soon

11. guitarwiz23 thread starter macrumors member

I noticed alot of lag as well, and yes the emojii thing is annoying as well, I dont use emojii often so i left just swiftkey as my only keyboard.