iPod Anyone else notice the *other* new feature?

wiseguy27

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
USA
Sounds cool - I hope all the new features in the new iPods are available through the update for the existing 5G iPods as well. ;)

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
i noticed that today too. i was like wtf cool
i havnt had a chance to watch the keynote yet so didnt know that was there. i was very pleased

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think it's a good thing. Although I'm somehow doubting it works on my third gen iPod. ;)

And also I'm suspecting I'll get shot for pointing out that this was one of the little interface things the Zune gang at MS were touting? :D

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
Does anyone else have a problem with their music being re-sorted on their iPod after using iTunes 7? The song order on all my albums are now fricked up. It has taken songs that I bought off of iTMS and put them first, then put the rest of the songs from that album in order (songs that I later added because I bought the album and imported it). What is with this? In the info tag it still says that the song is track 3 out of 11, or whatever, but it places it first. However this has not happened to my iTunes library... Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Synapple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Jedi128 said:
Does anyone else have a problem with their music being re-sorted on their iPod after using iTunes 7? The song order on all my albums are now fricked up. It has taken songs that I bought off of iTMS and put them first, then put the rest of the songs from that album in order (songs that I later added because I bought the album and imported it). What is with this? In the info tag it still says that the song is track 3 out of 11, or whatever, but it places it first. However this has not happened to my iTunes library... Is anyone experiencing the same thing?
Just wondering if you found a solution to that problem...
I have the same annoying bug... after transferring the albums on the iPod the order of the songs gets all wrong... iTS songs first and then the rest... doesn't happen in iTunes...
Any ideas? :confused:

sockeatingdryer

macrumors regular
May 28, 2004
Athens, GA, USA
It messed up my Purchased playlist... it won't add anything to it that's been bought from the iTS... which really sort of pisses me off for some reason. Does this happen to anyone else?

irregardless

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
all around you
Jedi128 said:
Check to make sure all songs have the same disk number. Or no disc number at all. I had a similar problem a while back. Turns out that some songs from the same album were tagged Disc 1 of 1 while others didn't have a disc number at all. iTunes would sort the 'no disc' songs first, then the rest. Maybe this behavior has carried over to the iPod.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I bought a 60 GB 5G iPod on the 14th (two days after the new models were released). Got a brilliant deal on it; they dropped the price from $400 to $300 because of the new $350 80 gig, then I got $180 off it from the Buy a New Mac Get a Free iPod deal.

I updated to the latest iPod firmware, but I can't seem to get this feature to work, no matter how fast I spin the touch wheel.