Anyone else notice the stealth update to Classic Buckle?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by paulgandersman, Sep 9, 2015.

1. paulgandersman macrumors regular

Jul 4, 2010
    So I was looking at the bands and noticed the classic buckle has changed. It now has stitching on the side and has brown on the inside. This looks *much* nicer than the current/previous one. Makes me bummed, just got a classic buckle recently lol.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 2.22.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 2.22.29 PM.png
  2. Nell macrumors 6502

Jun 25, 2012
    I liked the first version more. I don't have one but I have tried one on and liked it a lot but couldn't quite justify buying another watch strap. Apple have kindly removed a temptation I thought I might succumb to at some point!
  3. javisan macrumors regular

Dec 4, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I'm kind of pissed as my return window ended 2 days ago and I like this band better. Oh well, it's not the first time Apple does this to early adopters.
  4. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Take it back and mention it to them. You never know. Sitting in a forum being angry isn't going to solve anything though.
  5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

May 18, 2009
    They announced this during the keynote ("two-tone"). It wasn't very stealth.

The website also says they are using a new calf leather, and they have that new cut along the edge.

I always thought the old classic buckle leather was cheap looking/feeling. IIRC, they are using the ECCO tannery, which isn't a really upscale leather supplier. Hope the new calf looks/feels nicer.

The new Saddle color is already something that I want. I was surprised a nice brown leather strap was missing from Apple's original offering. Hope they rounded off the edges on the keeper. That thing always dug into my skin on the original BCB .
  6. xraydoc macrumors 604

Oct 9, 2005
    I'm still totally happy with my original black classic buckle, but the new saddle brown one is very, very nice looking.

7 weeks shipping time though. Ouch.
  7. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2010
    Denver, CO
    When I first saw this I thought they had found a way to make it reversible. How cool would that have been?
  8. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2014
    Like my 1st gen CB of squarer end and single black color and ss buckle. Simple and elegant.
  9. seadragon Contributor

Mar 10, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    That's the first thing I thought too! That would be cool if it was reversible.
  10. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Jun 7, 2008
    If you're only two days over, then Apple will most likely forgive it and allow the refund/exchange. A few days isn't a big deal.