Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Anyone else noticed that with the latest watchOS text messages now sync with your iPhone, before iMessages synced up but Text messages always remained and had to be manually deleted from the Watch separately.

However, now they sync completely… not heard it mentioned anywhere here but it’s so much easier now.

judyg951

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
I don't have that on my watch and it has the latest software. It's highly annoying to delete a message on my phone and still have to delete it on the watch so I hope it will update to that soon.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I don't have that on my watch and it has the latest software. It's highly annoying to delete a message on my phone and still have to delete it on the watch so I hope it will update to that soon.
It’s weird I am not sure whether it was part of the update or not as no one seems to be mentioning it but I did clear all my messages on my watch and iPhone then once I done that everything started syncing up…

I have both my watch and phone on the latest OS

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Nothing has changed for me as well. iMessages have never synced in the past either. Pretty sure messages are only pushed to the watch and that’s it. Also, the watch only keeps the last 30 days of messages; anything older is automatically deleted from the watch. Because of that, I’ve stopped managing messages on my watch since they’ll get deleted eventually (along with the ones I’d keep).

I think Apple would have made a big deal about this if messages do sync with the watch now, or at least put it in the release notes.

Last edited:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Kinda looks like it.

Sent a couple of texts from my Google Voice account to my iPhone. Verified messages arrived on both phone and watch. Read and deleted from phone, wait a bit, gone from Watch.

Reactions: addamas

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Yes this is the same for me now. Always hated having to go in the watch and delete all my messages. I can confirm when I delete a message on my phone it is now also deleted on my watch. Nice update for sure!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.