Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PiscesFish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
I love the look of of my iMac with its matching wireless keyboard and bluetooth Mighty Mouse so much that I had to get matching Creature Speakers, a wire mesh "Apple" trash can and matching wire file system. After that, I attempted to spray paint my stapler and pen caddy white (I failed):p . I even have a Post-it note dispenser that looks amazingly like it was made to match my iMac, with a white plastic base and a clear overlay. Am I the only one that does this? :)

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
I do have a tendency to wish that I could make things more tidy and Apple-ish, but I rarely actually do something.

However, I'm set to completely renovate my room... And a Mac Pro is part of the renovations. Design everything around it? Perhaps.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
I did it before Mac looked like Mac.

sooo psssht whatever @ Apple's face. I was cool before Apple :cool:

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
umm...NO...

The whole concept seems very nerdy to me...

I kind of look at function over form...usually the things I want don't look anything like what I want to use it with.

Like the ergonomic keyboard I have only comes in black...and the mouse I have is black and blue (no, I didn't beat it).....and my speakers were chosen based on sound....

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
I'm redoing my WHOLE room, to welcome a Merom MacBook Pro! I got a new desk and some Ikea stuff. I''m repainting my room, i'm gonna get some new stuff just for the MBP...

Has to look good!

So no, your not the only one.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
When my wife and I ordered our new MBP's (before even seeing them in the flesh)... we totally re-did the home office.

gutted it out, completely. ditched the old big desk, bookshelves, etc.

Painted ONE wall BLUE.. a deep BLUE, it looks very nice. took a lot of work (several coats)..

Bought two new desks from IKEA that JUST fit on the blue wall side by side, with a narrow matching 'thin' bookshelf that fits between the desks.

Bought the IKEA trash can (mesh), bought new BLUE seats (to match the wall) from IKEA, new roof lighting (IKEA), new plastic red rolling drawers (IKEA).

some before and after pics! (before with crappy PC's, after with lovely MBP's!)

Attachments

• normal_cybix%20001.jpg
    normal_cybix%20001.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC03377.JPG
    DSC03377.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 233

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
I tend to keep my computer life separate from my real life.

Examples: On my Mac, everything must be meticulously organized in there proper folders. In real life? Forget about it.

I tend to dislike the "ultramodern" look of furniture that "fits well" with a Mac. My tastes are actually fairly antiquated.

However, I do like the contrast that having my "ultramodern" powerbook on my 19th century style desk provides.

So I guess you could say I'm the exact opposite.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
ok, this is REALLY geeky...but.
when I got my iMac at first, I decided black cables in the back looked out of place, so I tracked down every white usb/firewire calbe I had.
I bought a white 2nd monitor, my ipod was white, my 360 is white, even my idog is white

..the disaster struck!

last week, I was shopping for a macbook as I decided to sell my iMac...
I ended up getting a fantastic deal on a BLACK macbook...Nooooooo

I traded my 2nd monitor a while ago and have a dell 2405 in black *phew*
my new ipod nano is black, I got a black faceplate for my 360, hell i'm even contemplating trading in my ipod for a black one..

...it's a sickness...I can't help it.
but I don't do this in any aspect of my life...just my macs.
I even decided that when I trade up to a MBP next year I'm gonna have to get an ACD to match

*le sigh*

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
if you are going to paint items make sure you are using paint that will bond that specific material (ie. different paint is needed for metal and plastic)

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I'm a minimalist, and that, as bad a reason as it is, brings me to the Mac (well, and some god awful experiences withe Windows ME).

I guess I integrated it into my lifestyle (as opposed to it developing itself around me). It just fit.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
I loved when I had a studio display and the original keyboard and mouse (the black optical one, that was great) that came with the G4s and I was kinda bummed out to see how much appeal (look-wise) my setup had lost when I replaced the monitor with a 19" Hyundai L90D+, standard white Apple keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

But other than that, being a PC enthusiast as well, I try to keep my focus in performance and utility rather than looks :p

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Yes, i bought a Sliver Trash can to go with my Mac Mini.. and a black "shiny" lamp that goes with my Nano, and bottom of my desk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.