Anyone else on Verizon going through data fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kirkhuffy, Oct 1, 2012.

1. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

First time poster long time reader. Sorry if this has been posted but I got the iPhone 5 on launch day (upgraded from iPhone 4). With the 4 I had the unlimited data but by now we all know Verizon has cut that off. So I went with the 2gb package being it was 30$ which was what I was paying for with the unlimited. I only use Facebook, twitter and lightly browse the Internet throughout the day alongside texting and maybe a phone call here or there so Verizon assured me I wouldn't go over. Well lo and behold a little over a week later I get a text stating I'm at 50% capacity. While that's not a lot for a few weeks of my type of use, I fear a week is too short of time for that much data. So is anyone else having a problem like this? Are these social network apps really data hogs? Is it Verizon? I've since turned off LTE hoping it will keep me under the cap until the next billing cycle. Sorry for typing so much and i appreciate any help

2. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

4. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, I did that yesterday when I saw it posted on here. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

----------

I see the front page every time I come here. What specifically if you're genuinely trying to help?

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You may see but you obviously aren't paying attention. There are at least 2 stories about your exact issue on the front page. There are also existing threads on the subject you could have participated in instead of creating a new thread.

6. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

I see none and saw none when I posted. I apologize for offending you with a potential repost. I will find the threads you speak of

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Hey, OP...Instead of me being snarky, here is a thread that deals with this issue and may actually help you- at least, I hope it will!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1459393

Good luck!