Anyone else only jailbreak for 1 thing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajohnson253, May 26, 2010.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

My friend who has countless things on his iPhone it is jailbroken. His phones always messing up, I'm telling him why. Meanwhile he laughs because he thinks my phone being jailbroken is a waste because all I use I for is sbsettings. Doesn't sound ridiculous at all to me. I simply enjoy having a clean phone with a stock look, sbsettings is all I need.

Am I the only one the uses jailbreak for 1 thing?

2. MontyC macrumors member

MontyC

You know, it is a personal thing... me, I have tried JB and I enjoyed a couple of features things (mainly displaying new emails on the locked screen and being able to stack apps in folder) but I ended up restoring the phone as it was all too much bother when it comes to new updates and the phone seemed less stable (probably my perception) etc. But as I said, it is a personal thing.

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Yes, not initially though. MyWi is just amazing, but kinda pointless on my first gen iPhone. So basically all I have been retaining the JB for is a better looking dock and user wallpaper behind app icons.

Even that wasn't enough motivation as I unjailbroke on sunday. My phone kept getting slow and I couldn't figure out the culprits (likely a repository?)

4. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I know how you feel. I'm thinking of maybe doing a restore because I notice someomes a slight lag in usage. I'll have a full thought on a restore by the end of the day. I mean, sbsettings. I must be that lazy to not want to press a couple more buttons lol.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I jailbreak for these four things....MyWi, QuickReply, SBSSettings, and Backgrounder...

6. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Do you know if SBSSettings hinders performance in any way? I haven't noticed anything but am curious if anyone else does.

7. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Also I just realized that whenever I download backgrounder now it always makes my phone reboot in safe mode every time. Even when I do a full restore and re-jailbreak. Anyone happen to know why it is doing this?

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

The one reason I jailbreak is to free myself from the oppressive clutches of the Apple Overlord, MUAHAHAAAAA!!

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

As far as JailBreaking affecting performance, it was really slowing my phone down at one point. I did a fresh reinstall, keeping none of my original info. Before I reloaded any music or apps, I did the jailbreak.

Then, I redid my settings, and reloaded music and apps, but not from a backup.

This seemed to help a lot, and I haven't had slowdowns ever since.

Also, I think keeping about 1GB free on my phone makes everything run much faster. I find that when I fill it to the max everything starts to slow down.

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i have a hundred diff things. on a 3g it's terror. on a 3gs you dont see any diff then stock.

11. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Yeah i have tons of things installed on mine. On pkgbackup it says it has 133 different packages installed but i don't notice any lag. The 3GS really is speedy

12. WiseMarley macrumors member

My list is exactly the same as yours.

13. apple.fiend macrumors member

I jailbroke primarily for themes. I dont really use anything else besides SBsettings, and Lockinfo.

14. No ice please macrumors 6502

I like just using the classica theme, pro switcher, categories, mywi, and iaccess.

Also what does SBsettings do?

15. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

It adds an additional menu that is viewed/hidden by sliding your finger across the statusbar. It has toggles in it like turning on/off wifi, bluetooth, 3g, proccesses, brightness, and you can also download tons of other toggles from cydia. It's probably my most used app because it gives me quick access to all the things I turn on and off throughout the day.

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

When I jailbroke, there was only one thing available.

17. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I really enjoy backgrounding (which is coming in 4.0 anyway) and shortcuts like SBSettings. Recently I started using folders (also in 4.0) and a few other odds and ends, but the only one I really, really care about is Lockinfo.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here. Those along with 3GUnrestrictor is my reason.

19. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I have about 5 different things I jailbreak for, but 4 of them will be included in 4.0. That just leaves GV Mobile+. Why can't this one be in the app store? Why?

20. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

lockinfo the the primary reason I JB my phone,

however, I would also find it extremely difficult to live without my personalized SMS tones, SBSchedule and BiteSMS.

21. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

of all the things to make living extremely difficult....well, funniest post of the day! well done!:D

22. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

23. iphone529 macrumors regular

Im with ya man, i only am using sbsettings too. I broke off my vibrate/ring button, so sbsettings is the only way to turn on and off my ring.

24. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

of course...knew what you meant, just sounded very dramatic:p