Anyone else order D7000 from Adorama?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by hallaisen, Nov 27, 2010.

1. hallaisen macrumors regular

If so, when did you order and when did you get it?

If you haven't received it yet, do you have any information on when they will get more in stock?

I ordered the d7000+70-300m lens kit on November 21, and called customer service the other day to inquire about a delivery estimate. I'm leaving for two big trips this Christmas and would be devastated if I don't receive it by the 16th of December. However, customer service only said that "it is possible that I will receive it before then", but they could not guarantee anything, so I'm left waiting nervously and would love some more info if anyone else has some?

Thanks.

2. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

Can't help with Adorama, but this site is useful when you need something:

http://www.nowinstock.net/digitalcameras/nikon/d7000/

Paul

3. hallaisen thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again. Great service to have a rep here.

4. ThemacNub macrumors regular

I wouldnt worry about Australian customs they are definetely not slow to process items

5. RaceTripper, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I had an order with Adorama, placed just before Thanksgiving. Last week -- on a hunch -- I called my local camera shop, and they had just received 12 D7000 bodies. I had one an hour later and cancelled my Adorama order. I didn't mind paying $100 for sales tax to have it now instead of some unknown date in the future.

Check your local stores. You never know.

6. hallaisen thread starter macrumors regular

Sigh, I'm still waiting. What in the world is Nikon getting up to?

7. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

this is very weird since over here in the northern european region you can walk into any camera store and pick one up.. as a matter of fact one of them had a huge load of them on shelves a week ago and nowadays even some supermarkets are offering them already....

8. hallaisen thread starter macrumors regular

Weee I just got an email from Adorama saying my camera shipped! Cant wait!

9. York-Diuck macrumors member

York-Diuck

Weird that it took so long. I walked in to buy mine early December in Toronto. They are actually only sale here too, for $60 cheaper than what I paid for it...figures. Enjoy it. I upgraded from a D40 (Great camera) and am enjoying everything about the D7000.

10. trjwv macrumors regular

I placed an order from Adorama for a D7000 with 28-300 lens kit last Wednesday. I will keep all posted as to when I receive it. It was backordered so we will see how long. It is a gift for my wife. I have her D5000 sold.

11. wonderspark macrumors 68040

wonderspark

FYI, I placed an order on Sunday, Jan 23rd for a D7000 (body only and a 35mm lens) from bpav.com, and it arrived today! I'm very happy.

I placed an order on the same day from Adorama for the battery module and an extra battery, and it says it's in my town, to be delivered tomorrow.

12. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

13. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

The local shop 5 minutes away from me had them as of last month and a few left last week. No price increases, just the same as Amazon and a few of the others, $1199 for the body.

14. trjwv macrumors regular

D7000 body only in stock at B&H Photo. Won't last long.....

15. TheXIIIth macrumors member

16. Razeus macrumors 603

Adorama always seems to have issues being out of stock.

I finally had to order my D7000 from Cameta Camera.

I ordered 2 primes from Adorama (35mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.8). Both were IN STOCK when I put them in my cart and checked out. A few hours later, I got an email saying that they were on backordered and didn't know when they'll be in stock.

Lame.

Ended up ordering the lenses at (changed the 35mm to the 85mm 1.8 though) from B&H Photo.

Both camera and lenses will be here tomorrow.

I wouldn't bother with Adorama anymore. They have low prices. But that's no good if they can't even fill their orders.

17. hallaisen thread starter macrumors regular

Id just like to say I'm pleased with the way Adorama handled my order even though it took 2 months to get it. I got frequent emails from them letting me know about the status of my order and informing me that I could cancel my order at any time if I wished. Helen was on here and answers emails very quickly and was also suggesting to me that I could look for the camera somewhere else and just cancel the Adorama order at no charge if I found it elsewhere. In the end I was ok with waiting since they gave me a great price and I ended up saving about $1000 on my order as compared to if I picked it up in a store here in Canada. So yes, it took a long time to fulfill my order, but they were completely open about it the whole time and easy to get in touch with. If I was in a similar situation with a company that was hard to contact I would probably have cancelled my order.

Ive ordered things from them before as well, and they have always been great. I'm definitely happy to purchase more gear from them in the future.

18. trjwv macrumors regular

Helen; I feel bad that maybe I got this stirred up. If I had my choice I prefer to order from Adorama because (1) 30 day return policy, which B&H only has 15 day and (2) Adorama has always worked with me if I have found a lower price somewhere else and (3) Adorama will backorder. Out of all my purchases for photography equipment in 2010, 90% were made from Adorama. I even traded in a lens and was somewhat satisfied with the amount I received. So Helen, Adorama still has all my business unless I need it today and Adorama is out of stock, then like the D7000, I must pickup from somebody else. BTW I am still looking for the minitti pocket wizard for Nikon, just not in dire need for it today. And I am placing an order for a new Epson printer this week from Adorama, not B&H.

19. wmcy macrumors member

Excellent Customer Service

Helen,

You represent Adorama well. Thanks for your engagement.

20. Razeus macrumors 603

Well Helen, it looks like Best Buy online shopping system works the same way as yours. Just got an email saying the damn thing is backordered though the website said it was in stock. It took them 2 days to tell me that. :rolleyes::mad:

21. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

To be fair to Adorama, this seems to have a lot more to do with how Nikon delivers products to its retailers than anything else. Nobody seems to know how much of any given product they're going to get and when until it actually shows up. Partially, I believe that the Japanese manufacturers are so focused on the value of the Yen that they like the flexibility to shovel product to different markets based upon the exchange rates so they don't want to necessarily overcommit inventory to a market when they can increase profits by moving things around.

This scheme does seem to give some parity to the smaller dealers though- so I'm not sure all the effects are negative.

Paul

22. gameface macrumors 6502

Hey guys, you want "deals" on gear, you sometimes have to wait. Instead, support your local camera shop, pay a little more, have instant gratification and have a knowledgeable person you can go back to for anything. And if you buy a ton of gear, the shop I go to CONTACTS ME, when something interesting is in because they know I'll want to check it out, be it a lens or a body or whatever. Anything I want will be held for me if asked. That's service I pay for.

This whole thinking the world owes you something is getting quite old from pinheads on the internet.

23. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Not sure where you are or how you want to buy this lens but I just canceled my order from Amazon as they had these. I did this because 1) the local shop just got a few in (try Google and look up Delaware Camera/Jacks Cameras) they match B&H or Amazon prices 2) I picked up my iPhone last night so cash is low until next week. Much better to have a working phone if I need it for travel next week vs a nice lens to photo me screaming for help, lol!

Hope you get one soon, I can't wait for one either :)

24. Razeus macrumors 603

I'm determined to get this damn lens. I had to snipe an eBay auction for it. Apparently the guy bought it 2 months ago and put it up for auction. Was able to snag it for $203 shipped. It's that damn popular. Cancelled the 4 orders I had outstanding and should have it by Thursday. Just in time for me to play with it and head out to Mardi Gras with it.