Anyone else ordered the Mujjo iPhone sleeve?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheSacredSoul, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

2. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I think it's very cool ;) I am about to order one, they said it comes with a free fisheye lens :D
    Do you think it will fit with a case on the iPhone 5?

4. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Judging from what I saw on YouTube for the sleeve for the 4/4S, I really doubt it. It's a snug fit. Skins like Bodyguardz SHOULD be fine but an actual case is probably out of the question. You can consider the Moshi iPouch though. Of course, you will have to check the dimensions of your iPhone with the case on first. The dimensions for the moshi sleeve is 4.9" x 2.6" x 0.7" (12.4 x 6.5 x 1.8cm).

Here : http://store.moshimonde.com/iphone-ipod/ipouch-2.html

And here is the YouTube video on the Mujjo sleeve for the 4/4S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6M8SNyQzCk

5. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Cheers bro :)

6. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

No problem mate :D

7. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

9. mariotr87 macrumors regular

10. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Has it arrived yet?

Please, can you tell me if its anything in it that can possibly scratch the phone? Also - is it super tight? Will 0.4mm make it not fit? If I tell you Glass.t is 0.4mm thick - do you think it will fit?

Sorry for the confusion.

11. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Sena UltraSlim is much nicer (this looks like my dad's briefcase when I grew up), and I ordered mine pre-order and it shipped yesterday, so they have started shipping!

Don't forget to google search promo codes for Sena tho :)

12. mariotr87 macrumors regular

It hasn't arrived yet, actually they start shipping on the 10th. Hopefully I'll get it soon enough (I live in Europe and I think they are not US based).

Take a look at this review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6M8SNyQzCk

It's the 4(S) version, but I'm sure the design is just the same, but taller. Looks like quite a tight fit, not sure if 0.4mm more will fit in there...he doesn't really struggle to put the phone in.

I don't like Sena Ultraslim because it leaves part of the phone uncovered.

13. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Finally some discussion! :D

Had the Sena in my 3G/3GS days, wanted to try something different. Also, I love the smooth look on the Mujjo compared to the grainy leather of the Sena. Came across Mujjo thanks to Adutrumque's thread. Ordered it right away. Ordered the brown for my black. The reviews on their site for the 4/4S and the SIII are all pretty damn good. If it's really up to my expectations, would probably put in an order for their MBA sleeve :eek:

Will also probably do a short review on it once I get it. The white leather looks nice though. Looks killer with the white iPhone 5.

EDIT : Finally, 6502! :D

14. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Thanks for letting us know that the Sena UltraSlim is shipping, and especially for the info on the promo codes. I just ordered one.

15. Brian N macrumors newbie

How much did this cost total? When I at it to my cart it says it includes tax. I thought in the US we don't get charged VAT. I see on their Etsy account they are selling it for $39 plus around 13 for shipping.

16. brianhill macrumors newbie

Yes I agree. They really look very nice.
    I also found a very nice collection of stylish and beautiful iPhone 5 sleeves on this site:

http://iphone5addons.wordpress.com

Cheers,
    Brian

17. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My black Sena Ultraslim is "out for delivery on fedex vehicle" today... ugh, of course the driver is late today. I have been using Sena since the first iPhone. I love that it allows the phone to stay naked but then can be slid into the sleeve. And Sena's customer service is good. They're pricy, but like Apple products, the company standing behind the product is a good value. If the case stitching ever freys or the leather tears or scuffs they replace it no questions asked.

I'm pleased that even though they said they'd ship Oct 24, they shipped oct 1.

I did also order the Incipio Marco Pouch for iPhone 5 ... appears to be a hard sleeve the phone slides into. I dunno why, but it's got appeal to me, so I pre-ordered on Amazon and will give it a shot too. :)

18. jcliden macrumors member

They look nice!
    Quick question, how would you get the phone out of the sleeve? Is there a tab or something? Or is it like a loose fit?

19. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Neither, it's a felt interior, so you use your index and middle finger on the sides to hold it, then use your thumb on the bottom to push up the bottom exposing the phone. It's soft leather. Tight fit, but flexible.

20. jcliden macrumors member

Ahhh~ got it! thanks! :)

21. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

The stated price is 34.95EUR and you pay 34.95EUR. Not really sure about the tax though. I paid the full amount too. However, I have just sent them an email regarding this and will reply here once I get a reply. Good catch though. I didn't bother looking at the broken up prices since the amount tallied with what was shown on the page.

Nope, no tabs. Elegance in simplicity :D And going from the 4/4S video I saw on YouTube, it is a real snug fit too. The top corners of the sleeve is contoured. So my guess is you use your thumb and index finger to grip the top corners of your device and pull it out.

EDIT : Oops, Shenan beat me to it.

22. Brian N macrumors newbie

Yup no problem. :) When I order stuff from the UK they usually have a disclaimer that US charges will have VAT taken out of the order. It is common practice for them to include the taxes in the listed price over in Europe, not like the US where it is tacked on later.

23. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, so in the case of Mujjo, if you order, you will potentially be paying tax twice? That sucks.

24. Brian N macrumors newbie

No what I am saying is they just list prices over there with tax already included. So when other European customers order that is what they pay. Not like here in the US where if you buy something for $9.99 at the store then you get taxed added onto your total later. Am I making any sense? rofl

So in your case... they should have taxed you at all since you don't live in Europe (I am assuming).

25. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I live in Singapore. However, I did pay a tax of 6.84Euros. And I just got a response from Mujjo.