Anyone else ordering the wired keyboard

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Shivetya, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Jan 16, 2008
  2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Sep 27, 2008
    While I am ecstatic over all of the updates, this is the one thing that bums me out. I do a lot of number crunching and it would be very hard for me to live without a numeric keypad.

I may very well go with a wired keyboard, but I sure wish they offered a wireless version too.

In the meantime, I'm in too much awe at the moment to worry too much about it... :D

3. FLHX Guest

Yep, I got the numeric keyboard.

It's got to be the same exact technology, I can't believe they can't offer a wireless numeric.

Oh well.
  4. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

Dec 10, 2004
    yep, I ordered mine with a numeric keyboard...Two reasons: number pad, and usb ports in the front. Sure, you use up one in the back, but it's nice to have a convenient place to plug in your thumb drive.
  5. fr4c macrumors 65816

Jul 27, 2007
    Hamster wheel
    Contemplating of getting the new i7 iMac, but definitely getting the wired with numeric keypad. The 2 USB ports on the sides are lifesavers.
  6. musukosan macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2008
    Yeah I'm getting the wired one too. I forgot about the added USB ports.... so that is an added bonus. Mainly though I want the numeric pad. Also, after seeing a video of the 27" with the wireless... I think it looks really odd having that tiny keyboard in front of that huge computer!
  7. mac88 macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2008
    Boston, MA.
    I ordered the wired. I already own a wireless keyboard and thought I could use the wired for the extra connections.
  8. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Dec 4, 2008
    ^^^^^Just the opposite!

I would have but I already own a wired w/ numberpad. So I just took the wireless.