Anyone else out there not play games on their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Born Again, May 23, 2011.

1. Born Again macrumors regular

first of all let me tell u - ive tried most of the games that are 'hot' - angry birds? boring and hyped. u name it - i've played it. cut the rope was cute but that was just meh.

and i have to say that the iphone isn't a very fun gaming machine compared to a nintendo DS or even lesser the PSP.

I've been a gamer all my existence and i can not get into the iphone games.

anyone else not play games on their iphone? :eek:

2. dontwalkhand, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I love iOS games. They are perfect for when I am out and about. For real gaming I have my Xbox.

I also must add that driving games and traffic games are fun on iOS devices simply because you steer with the accelerometer.

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I play lots of games, they are great for killing 10 mins here and there. If I want to play something more serious I turn to my laptop. OP if you want that sort of gaming on a phone have a look at the Xperia Play, sounds like it's more of your thing

4. wxman2003 Suspended

I have zero games on my iphone, and plan to keep it that way.

5. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

I played a ton on my old iPod touch, but now almost everything is gone deleted. I used to have several hundred games, now I have maybe 15

6. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i like it for a few minutes, then I get bored. I just keep the games there for friends and little cousins.

I do play words with friends though, but it gets repetitive and boring

7. decafjava, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Quite a few but they're of the quick play Angry Bird/Cut the Rope cute or shoot em up G-Wars/Doom variety. The only long games I have are chess and mahjongg. Never understood why one would some of thee long adventure type games or sims on an iphone or even a PSP for that matter. Real sims like Xplane perplex me on the iphone-I got a few flight/military/naval sims on my Windows 7 PC where they belong IMHO.

My iphone is a phone, an ipod, email and web access and only last gaming.

Tell you what game I would get if I had money to burn-the Parrot AR Drone ohhh that would be fun. :eek:

8. b0blndsy macrumors 6502

9. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I don't play much on my iPhone. My personal favourite is Fruit Ninja. However you won't be the only one who doesn't play on there iPhone.

10. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

I rarely play games on my iPhone so only have 5 games at the moment - just in case.

I got the following free over the Xmas/New Year holidays:

BrokenSword
    Fishing Kings
    Mirror's Edge

And the following when on sale recently for 59p and £1.79:

Infinity Blade
    Dead Space

11. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

i've got so many on my Iphone but never find the time to play them, complete waste of money.

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I have a crapload of games on my iPhone....and I rarely play any of them. I guess deep down I'm just a PC gamer. I keep the games on my iPhone to entertain my friends kids.

13. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I played some when I first got my phone... I kind of lost interest in them after a while. If they were to release multi player Counter Strike maybe I could give it another try.

14. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

the only game that i ever bought was flight control, and that got boring fast. lol

never bought another game after that, i don't have the time for it..

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I game on my iPhone. It is more casual games like Angry Birds or Flight Control. They are good games to waste a few minutes on.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I had the free Namco Lite package and that was nice but all the games were only like one level because it wasn't the paid version so I think I lost that in a restore at some point and never bothered to get it back.

The only game I have currently is Jumbline Lite and it's wicked but it drains the battery life about 1% every minute or so.

17. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not really a gamer, but I have played a few on the iPad
    The iPhone doesn't really beg me to play games on it

18. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not really, I'm in the same boat as you. for gaming, I go to my PS3/2/P, Wii and Gamecube. I play words with friends and Trism on my phone, but Angry Birds is a bad rip-off, cut the rope is entertaining for a couple days, and everything else is just kind of bland. I love my iPhone, but it's not a gaming device by any stretch of the imagination.

19. SeaChange macrumors regular

I have a lot of games on my phones, but the only one are play consistently are Storm8 games like Vampires Live, iMobsters and World War. Games that involve rapid/continuous touching of the screen annoy me and cramp my hands. iPhone is not great for gaming.

20. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Don't play any on the iPhone since I got an iPad.

Usual suspects: FraggerHD, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, etc.

21. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Just curious; what did Angry Birds rip off?

22. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I have ZERO games on all my iPhones and plan to keep it that way forever.

23. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I like fun games that you are able to open quickly and just play a few minutes while you're bored or in line or something. Games like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Solitaire.... But I don't really play much else. I have a ton of good story mode games like NOVA 2 but I never play them anymore.

24. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

The only one that I've played and still enjoy from time to time is Solomon's Keep.

25. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

This.

If/when I actually want to play a game, I'm more than likely at home and can whip out the ipad.