Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
I own an iPhone 6 and have a 4th generation iPod Touch. Probably would be getting a 5th generation iPod Touch soon. I like having not to suck my phone battery on the go when listening to tunes or watching TV shows on the go. :apple:

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
I own an iPhone 6 and have a 4th generation iPod Touch. Probably would be getting a 5th generation iPod Touch soon. I like having not to suck my phone battery on the go when listening to tunes or watching TV shows on the go. :apple:

These things need vastly better battery life...

Anyway, you might consider waiting on the 5th gen iPod because it's been two years. There's some reason to think a 6th gen might hit this year.

I'd guess it'll use the same SOC as the iPhone 5/5c, + 1GB RAM. (One can certainly hope it's 1GB, given that was two little 2 years ago...)

rjalda100

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
I have an iPod touch 4th gen and an iPhone 5s... the only reason why I own both is because I bought the touch back in 2010 and the phone this year.

Pagandeva2000

macrumors member
May 3, 2013
Yes. I found that the touch was good to have because I'm app happy and the apps that didn't need wifi went on it. I had a 32gb iPhone and a 64gb 5th generation Touch.

Now it's sort of a dilemma because I got the 128gb 6Plus and feel I have no need for the Touch anymore, BUT I might at least keep it around since it looks like the Touch might become obsolete.

I may not have a personal need for the iPod at this point but I hope Apple continues to make them. Many want the beanies without the contract.

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I own a 5th gen iPod Touch and an iPhone 5s. I use the Touch daily for streaming music at work, home, and exercising. I don't want to waste the battery life on my phone listening to music. Nor do I want my music interrupted by incoming calls and texts.

medlee

macrumors member
May 20, 2012
I have an iphone 5 a 4th gen ipod touch. I've not used the ipod much after getting the iphone, except for music at the gym. It's just handier to have all your stuff in one place.

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
Lots of great ideas and reasons for having both.

An iPT can be used to control Apple TV and it can be your home stereo music storage and streaming device. It can be kept in the living room or wherever your TV/Stereo are. That way you can take the iPhone with you when you go out and the rest of the household aren't impacted as a result.
An iPhone is pretty much a personal device whereas an iPT can be shared with the household or guests.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Battery preservation. I have the iPod Touch so that I don't need to worry about using battery capacity that I may need for phone/internet use on the iPhone.

aixporter

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2009
Those who keep iPods in their cars, the Touch is an excellent media center with it's Bluetooth and iTunes Match capabilities. I used to have an iPod classic in my car but now I keep a Touch at all times.

Jzo

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
I have a 6 Plus and and iPhone 4.

The iPhone 4 is my iPod for the most part. Only 8gb, but it either stays docked in my car, sits at my desk at work, or working outside. It's still a great mp3 player, and a few apps here and there on it too. Saves on my 6 Plus battery too, but that battery is pretty awesome anyway.

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
USA
I keep my old iPod touch 2nd ten in my car glovebox connected with a USB to the back of my radio. That way it stays hidden and its much more conveinent than pulling my iPhone out of my pocket and plugging it into a cord evertime I get in and out of my car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.