Anyone else pissed off at Apple and AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Astro8973, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

Well i want to buy an iphone. as we all know, apple and att ran out of stock on the old ones a while back. now i have to wait another freakin month to get one! am i the only one who is annoyed with this?

edit: and now i just found out that there is no way to buy the new one without buying an att contract. what kind of **** is this!?! looks like ill be paying for the damn phone and to cancel the contract....-_-

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I'm slightly annoyed but only because I'm impatient! :p I've waited a year for an iphone as I decided not to buy the 1st in anticipation of the 3G and overall, I'm just tired of waiting! LOL Just a month left...

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Don't forget, you also must sign up for a data plan which starts at $30 a month.

4. kkachurak macrumors regular

You technically had to get a contract with a 1st gen phone too! Only some unscrupulous individuals found clever ways around that and took away cool features like activating at home.

Getting a contract with AT&T along with an iPhone is not a new thing.

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

OMG!!! NOT THE DREADED AT&T CONTRACT DEAL!
    Seriously guys, stop bitching about at&t... People have been bitching since before the first iPhone came out about that!
    :rolleyes:

6. automatickyle macrumors regular

Ya it's getting old. I switched from Verizon a little less than a year ago and I have been very impressed with how good of service I get with them wherever I go. They stand right there with Verizon. I would like to know more about the plans and how all of the pricing will work, as for being pissed at them. Not in the least. They are businesses that provide their products and services that come with a price.

7. pscoble macrumors 6502

Haha.. The iPhone has always been like that one way or another. That is the point you aren't supposed to unlock the phone since AT&T is the official carrier. As far as waiting a month meh it sucks but you have to deal with it. There are better things to be pissed at.

Also as far as buying the phone then canceling it thats your own deal. It's because of people cheating the system and unlocking the things that AT&T is starting to buckle down on this type of thing. (Not that I support AT&T because they are greedy ******* but it is their phone and if you want it you have to deal with it)

8. stiphone macrumors regular

I think that it's still ridiculous to lock the phone to a specific carrier. What about people who travel overseas frequently? I'm in the military and i do go on exercises for months to a year. And i could not bring my iPhone over there, pop in a local SIM card to use. ROAMING is very expensive.... I have no problems signing up with AT&T here but when i go overseas, they have to find a way to relax the rules and let me use another subscriber SIM card there....

9. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yes, I'm quite disappointed about the long wait till July. I was hoping late June at the latest. While these delays are not of Microsoft proportions, they are starting to add up. :p

10. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

Sign up for their World Traveller plan for $5.95 a month and you get $0.99 per minute for voice and $1 for each test message (in the UK anyway). I'm not sure about other countries. Don't use data as this is very expensive. Every time I go home to England I sign up and then cancel when I return to the US.
    Alan