Anyone else preorder a 7+and not receive it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tokyobelle, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Tokyobelle macrumors newbie

Did anyone else place an order for a 7+ (not JB) last Friday (9-9-16) and not receive it yesterday?

I live in Japan, and one could not place an order until 4:00 pm Japan time (which was 12:00 am Pacific), and I placed my order for a rose gold 7+ 128 gb. My order was placed last Friday at 4:30 pm, or approximately 12:30 am Pacific.

Thursday, my husband gets a call that he can pick his up on Friday (yesterday for us), and I tagged along, but alas, they said they didn't receive a single plus (even preorders), and they had no idea when it would arrive.

They tried pretty hard to convince me to take a 7, but I want the camera on the +, so I'm content with waiting, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing a delay and if they've been given a date.

Or is this because I don't live in the U.S. But then, I haven't seen any reports of + shortages in Japan either, so does it just suck to be me?

I ordered it from the local KDDI/AU shop. No Apple store nearby.

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Yes.

No biggie. It's coming.

03:22 confirmation on a 7+ Black 256 ATT.

Still preparing to ship since 9-15 @ like 3pm.

Went with my sister to a Best Buy Mobile Store today at 2pm. She walks right in and buys a 7 Rose Gold 128 Verizon.

The irony is she wasn't even interested in a new phone (has iphone 5c green) until I wanted to stop by and see if they had any +

They do have dummy phones that work and I tried the +

Now I'm jonesing.

3. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Yes. Thousands of people. More than you can imagine. Have you read any threads here today? :)

4. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

As I posted in another thread I was confirmed 7 Plus Matte Black and they did. Not have it spoke politely with Store GM not the average store rep. And was Gifted a $100 Apple Gift card

5. Tokyobelle, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

Tokyobelle thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucky you for at least having an estimated date. They said they would have to get them eventually, but no one could tell them when. I know that there's been reports of shortages for JB anything and no +'s for walk in sales, but this is neither.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    All I'm seeing are people talking about not being able to walk in and get a JB 7+, or that they may have to wait a week or two get their JB 7+. They are all also in the US. Mine is a rose gold 7+ 128gb ordered 30 minutes after orders were opened last week in Japan. I haven't seen any posts similar to that, but that may also be because there are far too many threads about people upset that they couldn't walk into a store and get a JB 7+ on demand somewhere in the US. :)
    Unfortunately, they didn't offer me anything. But then, this is my carrier's store, and not an Apple Store. The closest Apple Store requires an airline ticket.

6. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

There have been some. Not nearly as many as the black / JB though. Sorry you had these troubles. As I mentioned in another thread - the effort that is expected of Apple today is herculean. It's never going to go perfect all around the world. But regardless it does suck when you don't get what you were promised and expecting. :(

7. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Always use an Apple Store and Talk to the General Manager. At least here in USA, if you buy at an Apple Store. They will give you a new iPhone within minutes if anything warranty related happens.

8. Tokyobelle thread starter macrumors newbie

As I stated, the nearest Apple Store requires an airline ticket for me. I'm fortunate to have some disposable income, but apparently I'm either not excited enough or stupid enough to spend approximately $1000 to fly to one to pre-reserve one plus a hotel, then repeat a week later to pick up the phone.
    Which I can understand, I guess I'm annoyed that all I got was a sorry, and nothing else. It looks like others are being offered some form of compensation, and I can't even get a possible date like others seem to be getting.