Anyone else receive this message (re: AT&T $25 referral)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speedievr6, Aug 13, 2008.

1. speedievr6 macrumors newbie

I just received an email from AT&T saying that I'm "not qualified" for the $25, because I'm on a prepaid plan. I wasn't even given that option when I signed up at the Apple Store! Has anyone actually received their certificate yet? I'm going to call customer service in a little bit.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

the e-mail si right, prepaid plans don't qualify for the $25 credit. Nor do most people signing up on FANs (because technically your employer is the one referring you, not the other person wanting a $25 gift card).

People on FANs can refer other people though (as long as they're not signing up on a FAN).

3. Cyclone Chris macrumors regular

I did

Here is the email I received... which is total BS, as I had a 450 min plan originally, then swapped to a 700 min Family Plan.

Dear Chris,

We recently reviewed your referral reward request and regret to inform you that you do not qualify for a reward because you activated service on a non-qualifying rate plan or account type. These include plans below $39.99 per month and prepaid, corporate, and government accounts, as well as accounts with 6 lines or more, and those established through an AT&T reseller.

Your account type is Individual
    Your rate plan is 0