Anyone else recycling their iPad 1 apple case for iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PurpleHeart, Mar 15, 2012.

1. PurpleHeart macrumors member

With the slight increase in size, I figured that the iPad 1 apple case would be somewhat similar fit for iPad 3 ?

Smart cover, cool as they may be, require additional back cover, AND don't provide full coverage of iPad (especially on the sides and edges)

iPad 1 cover has kept my iPad in mint condition ... (I've taken it out only once to clean since I've bought the iPad) ... and I could just cut a hole on the back for the camera.

We need better covers :(

Lovely as the smart covers are, I know that my iPad will get scratched up unless I can provide some form of protection front AND back

2. dezza.1985 macrumors member

I never thought of doing this and now gutted that I have just sold my iPad 1 including its cover!!

Your right about it keeping it in MINT condition, there is no marks on it at all!! Going to get a smart cover but I am concerned about keeping the back nice!

3. M87 macrumors 65816

I've only ever used a smart cover on my iPad 2 and I very much doubt you could look at the back of my iPad and tell that I have been using it for the past year. I do still have the iPad 1 case, but it doesn't look too great with a white iPad IMO.

4. Bheleu macrumors 6502

I am, until I find something else later on. My mom is getting my iPad 2 and the case I had on it was falling apart (but kept the iPad mint). I cleaned it up and have it resting in my old iPad leather case right now. Will be modifying this case to fit the 3, and punch my own holes for the cameras. This was my more favorite of my cases. It will be nice to recycle. Should be easy to install some magnets in it as well.