Anyone else run the Touch firmware update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diavolo770, Sep 25, 2007.

1. diavolo770 macrumors newbie

I'm currenty at 242 MB on the firmware download and eagerly awaiting it to finish. Has anyone else run the update and if so, did you notice anything noticeably new?

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

sorry i dont know, but im really glad this is happening, (EVEN THO i dont have mine yet) maybe a safari fix or something....hopefully something noticable...:D

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Your iPod is up to date (1.1 is the current version).

4. Quickdood macrumors regular

Do they list what the patch fixes?

5. diavolo770 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running 1.1 as well, but when I went to hit "restore" from iTunes, it asked if I wanted to update before the restore. I hit yes, and now I'm downloading [hopefully] new firmware.

6. diavolo770 thread starter macrumors newbie

It just said "bug fixes" when I accepted the agreement.

7. Quickdood macrumors regular

Interesting, I hope they don't try to fix that screen issue with a firm ware update, that may cause the touches with good screen quality to suffer.

8. diavolo770 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, well, a little perturbed. My Touch still says that it is on firmware 1.1 even after the download and restore.

9. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

i dont think there is a real patch out... maybe the 1.1 saying its 1.0 is an actual bug that needs to be fixed in 1.2

thoughts?

10. Quickdood macrumors regular

Hmmm maybe there is no update at all and you just redownloaded 1.1.1

11. diavolo770 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is my thought as well.

12. dampwall macrumors newbie

my touch i stuck in restore mode and it seems that it impossible for me to restore it, right now itues say itunes is occupied working with dowloading restore to ipod, but nothings happeing, and before that i tried another computer there i didnt get so far, it just said the software can not be restored becaucse lack of memory (not exactly but in general, mine is on swedish)

and one last question why dont it work with vista 64?

13. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Not trying to be a jerk, but I really can't interpret that

anyone know why it doesnt work in vista 64?

sorry

14. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

itunes has a specific OS version check that blocks out 'unsupported' operating systems from using itouch/iphone. AFAIK it still works fine on all other ipods.

As far as I can tell there's no kernel component to the ipod connectivity so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, since 32/64bit translation is largely transparent on Windows, but you'd have to get past that error box.. I was going to have a go at the weekend but never got around to it (not enough motivation as the mini suffices as an itunes host for now).

15. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

haha, me saying ' anyone know why it wont work in vista 64' was me trying to interpret the question the other guy asked, not a specific question of my own.

nonetheless, thanks!
    Arisian

16. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

its been out since the touch was released last week, you just have to click restore to get it, I havnt noticed any difference at all and I have had it for a week, safari still crashes, etc.

17. sizetwo macrumors newbie

I read that it has to do with memory management issues. Keep in mind that a 32bit operating system deals with memory management different than a 64bit one. However, I think its merely a poor design and lazy programming from Apple's side. I am thoroughly disappointed that they still have not been able to sort this out...