Anyone else seeing this 3.0 bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpage2, Jun 30, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I've been seeing a bug with 3.0 with regards to the iPod playback function in the 3GS iPhone 3.0 and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it or reported it yet.

When on the music playback screen I see the lower playback bar (with the play/fwd/back arrows) periodically jump down several rows of pixels and then jump back. It has the appearance of almost trying to hide at the bottom of the screen and then jerking back up to its normal location.

Has anyone else seen this? It's kind of annoying and on a few occasions seems to prevent the auto dimming from working properly.

Thanks.

2. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I know bumping is frowned upon, but I'd like to hear from a couple of others who have seen this before I restore my phone! :eek:

3. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Just thought I'd do a followup on this. It turns out that the problem only occurs when I use the Griffin Power-Aux adapter in the car. It looks like the volume bar tries to go away for a second and then snaps back. I suspect the Griffin is doing something that the iPhone does not like and it results in this weird bug.

We'll have to see if 3.1 fixes it or if it will require replacement of the Griffin adapter to straighten it out.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Ive noticed something very similar, but it's when I view lyrics and it happens on a different part of the screen. If I have the lyrics displayed, and then tap to hide them, several rows of pixels at the very top of the 'lyrics' portion of the screen will jump to the left briefly. It happens on all of my tracks that have lyrics, and it's only happened since I updated to 3.0.