Anyone else seeing this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric5964, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

On my top bar, the display is constantly switching back and forth from the "wifi signal bars" to "3G". Is this normal? Alternates like every 10 seconds? Could this be a battery drain within itself if it is truly switching? Thanks

EricE

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It seems to be trying to connect to a wifi network ... are you actually trying to use wifi? If not, turn it off in settings.

3. Eric5964, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

Eric5964 thread starter macrumors regular

Eric5964

Wifi is on and I am at home when I see this. Want to be connected, but why would it toggle like that?

EricE

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It would toggle if it is being kicked off wifi - bad password, shared IP, etc.

5. WannaGoMac macrumors 68000

I am VERY sick of these forum posts where they think the subject line is a teaser for a movie. Why don't you put in the subject what is you want rather than trying to tempt me to look inside at your question?

I now skip these types of forum posts. Please type the 5 extra words in your subject so we know what's the issue or question.

6. Eric5964 thread starter macrumors regular

Eric5964

Don't like the post title.....don't open it and read it, it's that simple. Life's too short to get pissed off at something that trivial. Have a great day!

EricE