anyone else selling Touch for 3g iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sweetbike40, May 19, 2008.

1. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I'm on the fence on whether or not to sell my iPod Touch this week. I have a 16g i paid only 325 for new. So if i could get even 230 for it, i'd be happy. I love it but would like to be able to have access to the internet easier. I'm banking on the rumor of a subsidized iPhone for $199 from AT&T with a 2 year contract though. I wish i knew if this were really the case, then i would sell the Touch today.
    Any opinions?

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I will because I need the Internet everywhere and also if it has real gps. Don't bank on it being discounted. That does not make sense. Even the current ones have not been discounted and they are still selling out.

3. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

I'll be happy just to trade it or sell it to get the 8gb current one, lol

4. Resist macrumors 68030

I would be all over a 3G iPhone if it weren't with AT&T. The plans are way to pricey and the coverage sucks compared to Verizon.

5. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Nope, AT&T sucks for coverage and price, too expensive.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

If it can be used W/ verizon, then yes, if not, unfortunately, no.

7. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I bought a Touch specifically to tide me over until the 3G iPhone comes out, so I do plan on selling it. I considered buying the current iPhone as a stop-gap, but I was afraid its value would drop too much when the 3G phone came out.

8. dagored macrumors 65816

Like the others, AT&T has bad reception at my location. Too bad. There are areas I go it has no reception while Alltel never fails me.

9. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

the iPhone minimum plan is $60 for 450 min and unlimited data. That is not too expensive.

10. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

That is cheap because they are giving you lil use for SMS, only 200, at no free nights and weekends. For same price I get unlimited SMS and free nights and weekends with sprint, and yes, 200SMS is not enough, and with a nice interface like that apples SMS, I would use even more than I use now.

11. mzd macrumors 6502a

you get rollover minutes + 5000 night & weekend minutes at the base plan.

12. Sweetbike40 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I have AT & T now. I still haven't officially renewed since they switched from Cingular, so i'm free to choose any carrier. I haven't had any problems with AT&T. My Razr sucks though. I felt the Edge with the iPhone was too slow for my patience and 400+ monthly fee too much to use it. If it goes to 199, i'm in. I guess i should wait. I'll need the Touch when i go away soon. I might regret selling it. The Rollover minutes with AT&T are another reason i'm sticking with them.

13. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I did ! I sold my 8gb ipod touch and my moto krzr that I had with Verizon, and I did cancel my Verizon contract early WITHOUT the termination fee (long story.) I'm actually gonna upgrade to the 16gb iphone so I have more room for apps and music and videos than the small 8gb ipod touch. So right now I DON'T have an ipod and a phone, so hopefully the 3g iphone comes out tomorrow ! It probably won't but I'm missing my phone and ipod so much. Anyways I would go for it as I'm also hoping for the subsidy but I don't really see why they would actually do that, but I'm all for it ! Good luck !

14. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I, too, specifically bought the Touch to tide me over until the 3G iPhone. Still think the Touch is truly a phenomenal iPod. Such a cool device.

I will probably give the Touch to a friend. And the iPod too. (humor, har har)

15. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Im keeping my touch because I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 from VZW. I would love an iPhone but I dont want to switch to At&t. No thanks. And you know what, I actually really like this Blackberry. :)

16. dmkemick macrumors member

I don't have a Touch yet, but I'm waiting to get one until WWDC. Anyways, maybe if Apple opened up to other carriers I would get an iPhone instead.

17. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I am always curious why the carrier is such a big deal for someone in the U.S. Is it because of a contract you have and it is cost prohibitive for you to switch or is it because AT&T has bad reception where you are or is it because you just hate AT&T. It just seems to me that they are pretty interchangeable at this point. If Verizon was the only carrier with the iPhone I would go with Verizon without hesitation, but only for that reason. Although if you told me there was a significant improvement in phone reception AND I could get an iPhone, I suppose I would be willing to switch... well except for that whole no one else uses CDMA problem.

18. dagored macrumors 65816

My sentiments exactly. As stated previously, reception in my area is virtually NO BARS in MANY areas. We laugh at their TV commercials.

19. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I know it's pretty much certain that there will definitely be a 3G iPhone by the end of June, but if there isn't you're going to be kicking yourself so badly :p

20. Sweetbike40 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Wow, you really left yourself empty! I'd be going crazy. I have my Nano that would hold me over. I really just use the Touch for the internet, mail, and notes. Looking forward to games. I know i'll need it when i go away. One thing i'm thinking with the possibility of a $199 iPhone is that it will be the 8G version. I hate to go backwards as far as size. So now i'm really confused on what to do. I guess if i could get 250 for the 16G Touch and MAYBE get the 16G phone for 299??? Dreaming. I hope it's a possibility.

21. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I wont be exchanging for an iPhone for two reasons:

1. O2 uk tarrifs for iPhone are over priced for what they offer in the tarriff (compared to what I have with orange)
    2. I'm in a 18 month contract with too many months left on it to consider paying off.

If Orange took the iPhone up and offered it on the same tarrif I'm on now I would consider it.

22. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Anyone selling their original iPhone for 3G?

I've had a couple of guys I work with tell me they are planning on selling their original iPhones for the new 3G version.

Anyone else?

What do you think they will sell for once the new ones are out?

23. Resist macrumors 68030

$60 a month is not to expensive....are you kidding me? That price is not for unlimited minutes. Just because it is an iPhone doesn't mean plan pricing should rape us.

24. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I plan to buy 3G iPhone. I will likely sell iPod Touch and Treo 755P on e-bay

25. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40... I would definitely not decrease in size. I thought an 8gb touch would be perfect but once I got some tv shows and movies on there and saw how good they looked and how convinient they were I AT LEAST have to have a 16gb so I would either stay at the same size or even increase but a 32gb iphone, even if they announce one will be too expensive. But I bet you could sell you touch for $300 or a little less and if they drop the price by chance or do a subsidy, you'd only have to pay maybe $100 more.

And yes, I do feel VERY empty and will continue to be until June 9th...they better start to ship that exact date too !