Anyone Else Sick Of 3G Waiting?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cigsm, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Cigsm macrumors 6502

It's starting to get ridiculous that at this point we don't even have a date? What is the point of not at least giving us a date? Late April could be today or any other day in the next 2 weeks. Why not just say April 30th? (or whateveR)

2. martuska macrumors newbie

martuska

Steve loves keeping US geeks in suspense, way to go...NOT!

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You've gone <insert your age here> years without an iPad. You can wait a few more days/weeks.

4. mrcc macrumors regular

It gives me more time to save for the ipad 36 i just need. 50 dollars more.:eek:

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

What part of late April don't you understand?

Late April would not include today, that is what we like to call Mid-April. During the week of the 25th is when late April begins. If they meant today or after they would have said something like: second half of April.

You act like you have been waiting an eternity, chill out. There are enough of these threads already.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Late April means any day from now until April 30 ;)

Besides, I'm really happy that all the wifi guys and gals are working through workflow issues, app testing, etc.

Hopefully by the time the 3G's ship the devs will be hard at work polishing up apps, squashing bugs, etc...

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

You've gone <19---almost 20> years without an iPad. You can wait a few more days/weeks.:p

8. mayassa macrumors regular

I just placed mine on order today and it pulled the 870 out of my account and my page on status says not yet shipped and bellow says shipping?:confused:

9. mizvalorie macrumors member

I agree. I am ready for my iPad!!! And no I can hardly wait another day for it! :D

10. Dataquest macrumors member

I'm with ya, man, they need to give a date. We need something tangible to cling to. ;)

11. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

I am willing to bet they just put a hold on the fuinds that will go away in a few days. Mine was ordered the first day you could along with my WiFi and the 3G unit does not show shipping and nor does yours!:eek:

End of the month if in the USA and you ordered early. They may not have enough to fill all the USA orders if you are just now ordering.

The EU people are SOL:p

12. calvin2006 macrumors regular

It would be nice to get a ship date, but at least in the latest press release they said they would deliver the 3g iPads by the end of April. I assume that means they'll ship within the next 10 days or so. The other thing is that it's pretty obvious Apple is having problems keeping up with demand, so they might not know yet specifically what day they'll be able to ship the first batch. I imagine they have it narrowed down to within a few days (ie., Late April), but they haven't set a specific date yet. Having worked in manufacturing, I know how difficult nailing down these specific dates for this kind of shipment can be.

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

just think about it this way... when you finally get it, your satisfaction will be that much sweeter.

14. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

Don't be impatient. It isn't like you already had one and are waiting for its replacement.

15. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Your sick? We don't even have any iPads till late May and they will be delayed again because of you americans! :mad::mad::mad: :cool: :apple:

16. mayassa macrumors regular

Hold on the whole amount? Then the order says Ships: shipping

17. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I'm guessing these won't be in stores until after the 15 day return window for Apple. Just a thought.

18. mayassa macrumors regular

This sucks just went to Ships: Late April on my order :(

19. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I was doing OK with waiting for my 3G, but this weekend I got a chance to play with a friends Wifi and must say I got a bit jealous. Now I check MacRumors a couple of time a day waiting for news of a 3G release date. Anticipation is starting to drive me nuts!!! On top of that Apple shipped me the case last week and it's sitting all alone on my desk :( ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

20. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I bet some of this delay is also att's fault. They're probably getting all the marketing for their stores together along with fortifying their systems for the few hundreds of thousands of people that are about to suck tons of bandwidth from their systems.

21. bjobes macrumors regular

I'm so sick of waiting I canceled my 32GB order.... and ordered the 64GB. So screw it I showed them whats happens.:eek:

22. xROBERTxDAVISx macrumors regular

At least the people in america can get wifi ones just now. The rest of the world cant even get them so stop being so greedy. No wonder americans always get called greedy ¬_¬

23. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Late april means late april..........not April 15th. More like April 26 to April 30th

24. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

It IS like that for me! I bought the wifi version and liked it so much that I returned it a day later knowing for sure I wanted the 3G connectivity. When I saw how much I liked it, I knew I'd have uses out and about where wifi is not an option. So, YES, I have had one before and this wait is maddening! ;)

PS. I only kept it a day because I figured that if I used it for a week or so, my chances of getting the restocking fee would be low.

25. trevreyno macrumors member

Late April=end of May for non-Americans:rolleyes: