Anyone else speak to Apple UK about return?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maccaa, Jun 9, 2009.

1. maccaa macrumors newbie

Morning

A UK question

A question for you guys out there, I ordered a 15" MBP which was delivered on 15 May 2009, it arrived with a loose hard disk. I had the unit picked up for replacement and I specifically asked if my 14 day return policy started again when my new MBP unit arrived, that was confirmed by the Apple rep. My new MBP arrived last tuesday, so I phone Apple to ask what my options were as to swapping for the new mbp. They said my return for credit was timed from my original MBP so no deal. Anyone care to comment?

Cheers

Maccaa

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You were told the wrong information. Try your luck with another rep. If that doesn't work you could contact Steve, but I doubt you'd get anywhere.

3. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I'm inclined to agree with Apple that it is timed to your original order, back on the 15th May.

4. maccaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys,

Peskaa I agree with your comment as that would make more sense but I specifically asked the rep at the time I returned the first unit.

Ryan, I may try to call again.

To be fair this may have made my decision easier, I am still not keen on the built in batt, and I only use CF cards so the SD reader would be redundant. So I am almost forced to keep the unit I prefer!

It was just the lack of uniformity from Apple, and the fact it cost me more to buy te same spec machine. I Think I would have been happy with the offer of a store credit but guess that was not to be.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had any luck?

Maccaa

5. molala macrumors 6502a

I'd try again. You didn't really get a functional computer until last Tuesday.

Also, did you buy with a credit card? Some protect you from price changes within 30 days of your purchase. Amex does this, I think Barclaycard too.