Anyone else starting to warm to Pulse?

bmstrong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2007
The news reader? I bought it for my 4 when I first got it and promptly forgot about it. It's the small screen, I guess, lately though I've been forcing myself to use it and it almost sings. It just cuts down my time tremendously. Anyone else using it, or something better?

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
I really love pulse, I just hate that I had to buy it twice. The iphone version should have just been a universal update to the ipad app.

Comment

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
Pulse is one of those apps I would have returned if I could. Too bad the app store doesn't have a 24 hr policy like the Android store. it's way too limited on number of sources. Reeder on iPad and iPhone blows it away.

Comment

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Interesting, has potential, I can't say I regret buying it but at the same time, I really don't use it regularly and never as my main source of news.

Comment

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
Pulse is great for casual users who want to "try out" RSS feeds. But with all the limitations it has, ranging from no more than 20 feeds to the way content is delivered, it will need some major retuning to be popular among power users.

Comment

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Well I know they have their critics but I use the Yahoo app every morning to read the news primarily because their stories are mostly from AP which I find relatively unbiased. I also use the NYT, USA Today, and NPR apps.

Comment

MunnyGuy

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
I love Pulse. We are becoming so over stimulated with information that this facilitates a mainlining of all my favourite sites.:D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.