Anyone else still having Touch ID issues on the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zeos, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Zeos macrumors 6502

Touch ID is not working any better for me on the 6 than it was on the 5S. The sensor will recognize my fingerprint for about two days before it does;t work and I have to enter my passcode. So I'm having to reset my prints about two or three times per week. I have even tried to set multiple prints under different conditions... dry day, humid day, at work, at the gym hoping that would cover it. No go. Went to use ApplePay for the first time today, and of course the TouchID wouldn't work again. help?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Are you on 8.1? Tried a reset?

I'd make a good backup in iTunes and then restore as new to see if the problem persists. I've heard of something interfering with Touch ID but I'm sorry I don't remember if it was iOS or an app. I think it was both. ;)

3. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

My 5s was like that, I was always having to enter my prints a few times a week. After I had it replaced it was perfect. My 6+ works great. Have Apple replace it.

4. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

In case you haven't tried it, whichever finger you use the most, make it three or four of your allowable fingerprints and try to make it a little bit different for each one.