Anyone else still holding off from buying an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by urban.spaceman, Jun 29, 2012.

1. urban.spaceman macrumors member

I've never really been an early adapter from tech - I've always felt that I'd rather save my money if I'm not sure whether something will stick around (I held off on Bluray for aaaages, for example); so I've been actively avoiding buying myself an iPad for a few years.

But now the time seems right - the new iPad 3 looks amazing, but with the MS Surface and the Nexus coming out, the competition will hopefully force Apple to make a (hopefully) truly outstanding iPad 4. And now I can't wait until next march!

Is anyone else doing the same thing?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am holding off. I want to see if Apple introduces a 7" iPad, if they do, I'll be consider it along with the Nexus 7 and the upcoming Kindle Fire 2.

3. ravinder08 macrumors regular

why not wait for the ipad 5?

4. ougum macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch)

And I'll bet the 6 will be even better than the 5. Better wait for the 6.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

I'm not convinced that those cellular phones that i see people using will take off.

6. Carouser macrumors 65816

They made iPads 1 through 3, and they are outstanding, without any competition; and Apple has provided plenty of competition to other companies but they haven't produced anything significant yet in response. What's the resolution and price for Surface?

This "competition is always good and is the reason for innovation and without it Apple products are and will remain terrible" idea is the dumbest brainwashing displayed on this site.

7. raggdoll macrumors regular

Neither will those new fangled computer things
    :D

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

This is a hilarious thread. I thought someone had resurrected an old one from a couple of years ago, but the OP is really serious. LOL.

9. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I am not an early adopter, either. I choose to let others take the plunge first. I am somewhat late to the game as far as Apple products are concerned. My first Apple product was the iPod Nano ( I don't remember what generation but was around 2006, but surely not the first!). My 2nd Apple product was the iPhone 3. My third Apple item was the iPhone 4 then the 2011 iMac. My last Apple purchase was the "new" iPad. I have truly enjoyed every one of my Apple purchases as they fit my needs well.

If the latest iPad suits your needs, then that is the one for you. If you are always waiting for the next best thing before you buy, then you will always be waiting. Every gadget will always become obsolete at some point in time.

10. Smithey1981 macrumors member

I can't see why ppl would hold of with the way iPads hold there price it makes upgrading a cheaper option each year

11. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I think to some degree Apple is not an "early adopter" either. They wait for the technology to be improved/perfected prior to adopting it, instead of immediately going with something untested and unproven. This is to their credit whether anyone likes it or not, and results in the release of higher quality products instead of the relative crap from others.

12. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

There are 3 things we are guaranteed in life which is death, taxes and newer technology. I say we live once and just buy now because you never know what tomorrow brings.

13. Che Castro macrumors 603

Or ipad 7

14. bs-2010 macrumors member

I recently purchased the new ipad and have enjoyed it so far. However, the tasks I've been mainly using it for like checking email, social networking, internet etc. make me almost wish I had waited to see what the Nexus 7 has to offer and possibly save $200. In addition, I think the next two years will be the prime time for the competition to go all out in trying to comete with the ipad so there may be more enticing alternatives that what had previously been present.

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

16. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Aside from the silly posts people are making about waiting for the iPad 100...

I am legitimately holding off on an iPad purchase. I have never owned one before. The only reason is because I am assessing my priorities. I am going into my senior year in college, and while it's been a real joy (sarcasm inserted here) using my 13" HP notebook, it's held up for these years for my studies. I have recently built a desktop that totally blows this little machine out of the water. When my college years are finally up in the spring of 2013, I'll be passing down this notebook to a family member, keeping the super powerful desktop, and consider buying an iPad 4 as my mobile device. While I do have a slightly older Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone, I don't plan on upgrading for a while because I have to buy a phone straight up non-contract price (I am using prepaid).

17. frank.deale macrumors regular

I've been holding off since the first iPad and just ordered Nexus 7. I wanted something smaller, cheaper, customizable, and better integrated with Google apps.

18. 617aircav Suspended

Exactly, there will always be something new and better.

19. barjam macrumors regular

That's funny blu-ray in my opinion is dead. I own one and it collects dust. I stream 100% of my content now.

Make sure you have a use for the thing first. iPad is kind of a niche product. Of my three main gadgets (iPhone, iPad, pc) it is the one I would give up first but the one I use the most day to day (not counting work, I am a software developer).

20. taipan61 macrumors 6502

i'm holding out for version 10, ya know just in case

21. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

There will be no iPad "7", silly. ;)

What you meant to say is he should wait for the "Even more newerer iPad".