Anyone else still unable to install cydia with GP Loader?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by freedevil, Feb 4, 2011.

1. freedevil, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Is there a way to get cydia on the GP jailbreak manually? Yes, the servers are still terrible and yes I can wait but it would be good to know. I think cyder works on windows but I am not sure if it helps to install cydia. I don't have windows. Anyone know of a way?

The loader is just blank for hours and when it does show cydia minus all the failed attempts it always dies while downloading.

ps: no redsn0w

2. Cameron08 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would like to know as we'll. I'm going through the same thing.

3. Cameron08 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you! Do u know of Any good guides to use to use redsn0w to install cydia? I googled but the ones I found seemed like a lot of hassle. Maybe I was looking at the wrong thing?

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

all i did was download redsnow .. download the ipsw 4.2.1 firmware .. loaded up redsnow .. selected my firmware .. followed the directions on screen .. only checked install cydia ... it seemed to go thru the jailbreak .. but cydia was installed and i can still reboot and see the gp logo and everything is working fine

5. Cameron08 macrumors member

Alright thank you! I'm downloading the firmware now.

6. hounsfield macrumors newbie

pardon my ignorance

So I've just gotten GP rc5 to work, but alas, Loader would not load cydia.

Would you guys mind telling me which version of redsn0w you used to install cydia, and also, where did you go to find ipsw 4.2.1?

cheers!

7. dgamer84 macrumors regular

someone posted this in the greenpois0n thread. I just used it to install cydia after jailbreaking my nephews ipod touch 4th gen with GP, and it worked like a charm.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/01/10/redsn0w-0-9-7b6-download/

edit make sure you get the ipsw for your device

edit fixed

8. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

link is broken, might have to edit it..

9. hounsfield macrumors newbie

being a typical moron, I went ahead and found redsn0w's current version, and followed your instructions from this link. Upon using redsn0w it told me this is a tethered jailbreak. I thought the whole idea of greenpois0n was that it was untethered?

Or is it untethered, and I'm just a complete wanker?

bit of both, probably, right?

10. dgamer84 macrumors regular

fixed my first post

11. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

this is how i did it. worked perfectly

12. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

It says it's tethered because redsn0w is what is used to get a tethered jailbreak (if you don't select Monte), but ignore that, since you install greenpois0n first the only thing it will do is install Cydia for you and leave it untethered. :)