Anyone else struggle with bluetooth with new Apple mouse and keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yalag, Jan 28, 2016.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I have the newest model of the apple mouse and keyboard. I also have a brand new macbook pro. At least 2 times a day, I lose connection to my mouse and keyboard. It takes 10-15 seconds to reconnect to the mac.

I have a different but equally annoying problem with my Mac pro (and also the new keyboard model). It goes crazy once every couple of days, and it would press random keys. It won't stop until I turn it off and turn it back on.

It seems the new mouse and keyboard is just very buggy, or maybe just the latest OSX drivers are not good?

Anyone else have similar problems?

2. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

No one else have mouse and keyboard problems?

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

I have a Magic Trackpad 2 and Logitech K811 keyboard. Without fail, when I have my Plantronics Edge headset near the two Mac input peripherals and I get a call - my rMBP goes bonkers with a moving cursor and randomly pressed keys (or lots of "beeps" if I'm not in an app that takes text input at the time). After moving my Edge a few additional feet away from my rMPB solved this.

I have a Magic Trackpad and K811 attached to my Mini Server - it too acts possessed when I use USB 3 DAS with a cheap cable - the cables that ship with the storage unit - and I'm moving files from/to the Mini. Switching to either TB (most of my DAS has both ports) or a shielded USB 3 cable solved this issue.

Both of these otherworldly types of mystical possessions are pretty much common, as are the fixes.