Anyone else stuck on "Verifying update..." for iOS 10.3?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ethanwa79, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ethanwa79 macrumors regular

I have two phones, both iPhone 7, that are stuck on this when trying to do the update.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

still stuck? mines been trying to verify for about 10mins so far.

3. dobra94 macrumors newbie

dobra94

point back to general settings and back to the update tab , worked for me

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I just got an error message trying to update to 10.3. went back to the software update and clicked install again. we'll see.

5. noty macrumors member

noty

My iPhone 6 has been stuck on verifying update for about 15 minutes now. Can't do anything since I cant even unlock my phone. Don't want to force a restart because I'm scared I might brick it. Any suggestions?

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nope. My iPhone 7 verified within 5 mins. Installing now.

7. Zoisite macrumors newbie

I had an iPhone 6s and an iPhone 7 verify for about 15 minutes before failing. After that I deleted the update from both devices, restarted both, and tried again. Second time went fine on both devices.

8. noty macrumors member

noty

I wish mine would fail, buts it's still verifying update. Guess I'll wait a little longer then cross my fingers and restart.

9. SSAJ macrumors 6502

Just hard rest ur devices when it does that its that simple

10. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Nope running the new update - took about the normal amount of time - i update through iTunes - maybe over the air is a problem?

11. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

I force restarted and it worked fine after.

12. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

Mine is stuck on preparing elements copy, Windows 7.

13. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

I got stuck on veryfing ID, servers are too busy to perform a clean ios 10.3 installation and i had to do that because my device couldn't synch with my PC after upgrading to 10.3....sigh

14. mikosk macrumors regular

I had this issue, did a hard reboot twice, which didn't help. I then got the 10.3 install error message twice, still no luck. I then turned off wifi and verified over LTE (not download, that was done over wifi without issue), that sailed through in minutes.

So if you are stuck, try to verify over your cell connection, that worked for me.

15. humblecoder macrumors newbie

I'm stuck after the update at "Enter the Apple ID password. . ." I entered the password and it's just spinning. I can receive phone calls, but I can do absolutely NOTHING else. I couldn't even hang up the phone call manually -- the other person had to hang up.

. . . it's been 2 hours. :eek:o_O:mad:

16. EfratBarTal macrumors newbie

Had the same problem. Succeeded on the 3rd try.
    The first time I waited 45 minutes and then did a hard reset, because it was just stuck on "verifying".
    Second try I waited 15 minutes but then failure message popped and I could go back to using the device.
    Third try verification took about one minute and all seems fine, as it rebooted and now installing.

I always took the time in the past, and waited a few days to do any major (or one dot) upgrades on my devices.
    I don't think I ever experienced this kind of problem.

Oh well, at least it's working now.

17. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

I did the upgrade on 3 different phones. The first two were both 6s phones and the upgrade went through smoothly without a hitch. The third phone was a 5s and it got stuck on "verifying update". I wound up having to reboot our internet modem and then the upgrade went through without further problems. I don't know what happened that our modem didn't like, but it all worked out.

18. Jamie.Rasmussen, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017

Jamie.Rasmussen macrumors newbie

Jamie.Rasmussen

The trick that wound up working for me, after two days of frustration and hard-reboots, was the power switch. Hit the lock button while stuck on the verification screen. After the screen goes dark, wait a few seconds, then unlock it. Wait a few more seconds, then repeat. Something about this cycle moves the process along. It took me about 15 cycles, but eventually I couldn't lock the screen again. Once it does this, it's indicative that it's actually finally verifying. It should reboot and apply the update shortly after. Hope that helps!

19. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

You can try deleting the update from Storage Usage then try downloading it again.

20. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I remember when verifying update, you can do nothing from your device right?

21. eddybsb4u macrumors newbie

I have reset about three times and nothing solves the issue
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2017 ---
    Hi, I have tried everything I can but it wont go through. Im on iPhone 6s Plus

22. mizzchic macrumors newbie

mizzchic

IM USING IPHONE5 IV BIN STUCK ON IOS 10.2.1 NOT VERIFYING NEVER AD ANY HASSLE IN THE PAST
    if anybody as an clue pls message me

Attached Files:

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried deleting the downloaded update from your phone and then checking for updates again which should give you iOS 10.3.1 to install?

24. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

Are you jailbroken?

25. gazzyjuruj macrumors newbie

gazzyjuruj

Okay guys, I tried it last night on my iPhone 6, was stuck for around 20-25 minutes and then it throwed me an error, i rebooted my phone and tried now in the morning, was stuck in "verifying update" for about 10-15 minutes and finally rebooted itself and applying the update.
    Hope it's fixed for you all as well!