Anyone Else Suddenly Experiencing Delayed iMessages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aKansasKid, Jul 8, 2016.

1. aKansasKid macrumors regular

For the last hour, iMessages have either been very delayed (>45 minutes), or not sent at all. SMS texts to and from Androids are fine. My wife's identical phone is behaving the same way. They're both iPhone 5s's on iOS 9.3.2, using Verizon via Page Plus. Worked fine for a long time until about an hour ago. Two texts actually came through very late as iMessages; another two came as SMS (though sent as an iMessage originally), and the other 10-15 haven't done anything yet.

I've tried all the fixes I could find: toggle airplane mode; restart phones; turn iMessage off and back on; turn Facetime off and back on.

Just wondering if this is an Apple server problem or something peculiar to our two phones. Thanks!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. Trigeeks macrumors member

Trigeeks

Yes, mine is not working. I am using sms instead and it works. I'm in KC

4. aKansasKid thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm. I'm in Wichita. Are you on Verizon, too? Doubt that matters. But I wonder if Apple servers are regional.

5. Trigeeks macrumors member

Trigeeks

Yes Verizon also. Husbands is doing the same.

6. aKansasKid thread starter macrumors regular

Just confirmed here in Wichita that sister in law and her husband have the same problem. They're also Verizon, but that might not matter as they are failing on Wi-Fi, too. Thanks for the update!

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Not having the problem now but have a few times in the past. Likely a network problem.

8. SueyMac macrumors newbie

SueyMac

yes, a couple of times last week. I thought it was my phone. I'm on ATT.

9. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

10. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

This happened once today for me. Verizon also but I was on wifi when it occurred. It was delayed about 15 minutes.

11. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

It's happened to me a few times. I'm in California though. It hasn't happened lately though.

12. Phonefanman Suspended

It happens from time to time. Not 100% sure, but it might have something to do with imessage security getting getting itself tangled up somewhere. Or uncle Sam trying to do something. Not sure

When something very secure like imessage getting the hiccups could be someone on the other side trying to penetrate something... Just a conspiracy theory