anyone else surprised with the quick launch of the new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fratboy, Jun 9, 2009.

1. fratboy macrumors regular

I was very surprised at how quick they are releasing it.. 11 days after annouced.. i am not complaining but yeah.... AND i am going to have to eat the ETF.. which is going to suck but hey at least i will have a new 32 GB iphone

2. williamgallas10 macrumors regular

Its the palm pre effect. Good for us.

3. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

Because there are only minimal changes in the current model.

4. jruc4871 macrumors regular

Faster processor, double the storage, better camera, video recording, and compass. I think these qualify for more than "minimal changes."

This may not be the case with you, but I think most people pushing the "minimal changes" meme are sour about the upgrade pricetag from 3G...

5. lostime macrumors regular

I was expecting sometime in July, the Pre probably helped us out with that.....just hope it isn't rushed.

I was hoping for a new body style, this thing looks just like the 2 year old original 8GB I have in my pocket, and I prefer the aluminum back on the original.

6. cualexander macrumors 6502a

There are minimal changes from a manufacturing standpoint. Think about it. Aside from adding the digital compass chip, which is probably built into the components anyhow, its the same exact casing, and everything else.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The Pre is the big reason for this but it really stole Palm's thunder.

8. Noelmel macrumors regular

i know i was expecting it sometime in July. I am sooo happy its comming sooner but thats amazing. Think how many of these they have to manufacture and ship across the country in like just over a week. tons of people already pre ordered too

9. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Exactly. In terms of manufacturing, it is just a matter of placing the new and improved parts in the same chassis... much easier than having to deal with all new insides AND a new design/chassis.