Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d3vp0ll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
NY
I ran with a Garmin all last year but for 5 years prior and all this year I’ve been running with my Apple Watches. I currently own a Series 9. It gets the job done.

I also own a Stryd footpod for accurate treadmill distance and a premium Stryd subscription with an adaptive running plan. I’m 70% through a HM plan. So far so good.

Daily charging, albeit sometimes 2x a day, doesn’t bother me all that much. But I’ve been tempted to just switch to a dedicated running watch, and the Coros Pace 3 has my full attention.

I am tempted by the route design features, screen mirroring options, built in training plans, better running analysis (maybe this isn’t true vs Stryd??) and of course long battery life.

Is anyone else tempted? Talk me out of it lol!

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Coros does a lot of nice things - just have a tough time jumping on Garmin/COROS without Apple Music and 4G options build in like my Ultra.

I am finishing a marathon build with the race this Sunday and during the many long runs every week, they 4G + Music features are just second to none. I don't even sync music playlists any more and just choose on the day, what I want to listen to.

Still feel like both COROS and Garmin would need me to have a phone with me

d3vp0ll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
NY
I decided to keep my AW. I don’t think I’d get much more out of it than what my S9 gives me (along with my Stryd footpod and training plan).

I checked Coros’ privacy policy and it scared me away lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.