Anyone else think Facebook mobile could and should be way better?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TH55, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

First the good - when browsing through photo albums when you hit backpage it shoots you right back to the album page, then profile, etc. rather than going through each picture like the desktop site.

This makes surfing profiles and not losing track of where you started very easy and efficient. This is probably one of the best features of any mobile site I have seen.

The links (add friend, message, photos, etc.) are very large, prominent and easy to click.

This is to me where the positives end. The actual flow of the site and loading times are extremely laggy and slow.

When I open a photo album and start scrolling down it now refreshes every half page, turning the entire screen white for literally several seconds.

Even more irritating, when you click a photo in an album, after viewing it when you click backpage it goes allllll the way back to the beginning of the album. This is extremely annoying with large albums because you have to scroll allll the way back down to where you were and it is often difficult to find the spot you were in.

Also, the method for side-scrolling through pictures is very difficult. You have to hit the exact spot to activate the (invisible) arrows otherwise it won't proceed to the next image. Wouldn't it be much smoother if it was more sensitive and responded to a larger area? Or even better, couldn't they just make it so you swipe to the next one like in the iPhones photo app?

I would use desktop but w timeline it always crashes!

Anyone else have these problems?

2. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

They are apparently working on a revamped app

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Anyone who DOESN'T think it could be better either doesn't use it, or is just plain wrong. Seriously. It's probably the worst app that millions of people use daily.

4. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Seeing Facebook's stock plummet isn't shocking to me, its because they aren't tapping mobile revenue...yet

My guess is this new revamped app everyone is so anxiously awaiting will also be filled with ads...the P/E Ratio for FB is not great, the pessimism of the stock I think will force their hand and push mobile ads hard...

But as of right now, the app sucks too, but I just see it getting worse, not better

5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Oh my, the Facebook app is god awful. I usually just go on Safari and go to Facebook.com.

That app is seriously frustrating.

6. techiegeek1225 macrumors member

Yes, with timeline, it ALWAYS crashes on my case! Ugh!! I do think that these apps are intended for those people who wanted to be online on FB all the time, like posting their photos and statuses real time, etc. I'm also not that satisfied with the loading of the FB page. But with viewing of the FB page on a PC is of course the most ideal. The FB for androids and iPhones are, as you've said, cause lots of crashes while loading. I haven't tried that revamped app yet, but will surely do. I haven't seen a complete FB page (full, like that of the desktop's) on a phone, seriously. I am not really an FB-addict but then convenience is very impt to us, right? Well, well, well... Good luck to us! :apple: