Anyone else think it's funny that know one knows magazines aren't free?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by SnackeyG, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SnackeyG, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

SnackeyG macrumors newbie

Every app under the Newsstand category has such terrible ratings. I'm wondering if Apple is going to make it more apparent on how the feature works. I understand people can be pretty stupid, but negative ratings will just bring more negative ratings and everyone ignoring or thinking the feature sucks.

Oh also I've wondered. Why are these digital subscriptions so expensive? 40 dollars for a year? What happened to magazines being 20 bucks? I would think digital should be cheaper than print. They also should make it so you can buy 1 year at a time. Not 30 days recurring.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

One would think.

3. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

National Geographic is only $20 a year. They also have two free issues that look really nice on the iPad.

Even $40 a year for a good newspaper subscription would be okay but the Daily doesn't count as a good newspaper, and the NYT is more expensive.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The One Magazine

I WOULD use in Newstand is Nat. Geo., but in the uK it's £115 per year. Pretty much the same price as to have it delivered to my home in paper format.

If they dropped the price Id use it on my iPad....I could save images to my camera roll etc. But at that price I'll stick with the printed version.